HAPPILY EVER AFTER

MISHTI---

We had an emergency!! Please doctor Mishti you are needed, doctor Kusum is freezed out. Please!

I ran fast... Too fast... I knew the case Kusum and I have discussed a few times. She was a little emotional with this one.

"It's okay Kusum! We can handle it!" I told her as I entered the operation theatre.

"She is.... She is bleeding too much... I don't know what to do..." Kusum said, panicking.

"Relax! Okay!! We've got it!" I told Kusum.

"Please save her!! Oh god... Oh God what have I done!" Kusum said, crying.

"It's okay we don't have time for that Kusum please step aside." I requested her and she nodded letting me take the charge.

After almost half an hour the patient was saved and everything was under control.

"What happened darling?" Ronobeer entered my cabin. He was in the late shift "sister Lata told me you saved the day!"

"Hey Shona!" I left out a sight when he massaged my neck. "Oh thank you Ronnie! I so needed it."

"Tell me what happened?" He asked kissing me on the top of my head.

"There was a patient... She was pregnant" I said and Ronobeer nodded "we had to go for c-section... You know how complicated it can get at times. She started internal bleeding and...."

"....but this wasn't the first time Kusum performed the operation.... Why...." Ronobeer was confused

"...... that girl... Ummm... Was not married... The child was out of wedlock and her family, obviously wasn't supportive and she was all alone. She paid her hospital bills difficultly, infact Kusum settled them for her..." I told him while holding his hand.

"Oh!" He managed to say.

"Ronnie.... She even tried to convince her to abort the baby!! I mean she wasn't direct because she was her doctor but...." I told and Ronobeer pressed his lips in a tight line.

"She never told me but one of our nurses said that she was always asking where is the baby's father and when she told her that the boy left her when he got to know she was pregnant.... Kusum was.... I mean she really got invested, telling her that having the baby would only burden her.... When the girl told her that the boy has asked her to abort the baby but she still kept it because she loved him so much and really wanted to have his baby, for which she had to drop out from her arts graduation, had to shift into different city and lie about her being widow, doing stitching and embroidery for living... Owning it all... Kusum was suddenly... Ummm... Felt guilty... I could tell that.... I have seen her looking at that girl with... Jealousy or I don't know she was unhappy because she couldn't take that decision for her self some years ago!" Ronobeer sighed as I told him the whole story.

"But Kusum has been working all these years this must be not the first time... I mean there are more jerks like me!!" Ronobeer said as he felt responsible for Kusum's current as well as previous situation.

"Ronnie... You did wrong but then you realised it as well... You tried.... Okay...." I said "Ronnie... You know.... After all these years thinking that you might be you know 'not living'... Ummmm.... When she got to know you lived she came back for you.... Hoping... That you would still be waiting for her..... Unfortunately you've moved on... You were happy... She.... Was still waiting.... No matter how much she tried being happy for you.... All those things... That heartbreak, came right through when she saw you again... Not waiting anymore.... She was hurt..."

"Do you want me to talk to her about today's incident... Or apologize may be...." Ronobeer asked, I could see he was really feeling helpless "I have apologized already for what I have done.... And not waiting for her... Well I did wait for her and then I fell in love with you.... I couldn't help it....