Chapter 1- The Beginning of Hell

Shuichi Saihara had lived with his uncle practically since birth. Shuichi's uncle, Byakuya Togami, was a billionaire prodigy who owned a multi-industry company. The two lived a life of nothing but luxury in a huge three-story mansion. Ever since Shuichi was born, his uncle had doted and spoiled him endlessly. Whatever Shuichi looked at for more than 5 seconds, his uncle bought for him without a second thought. Byakuya was cold and distant toward other people, but when it came to Shuichi, he was just as good as a father figure. He was a little unique when it came to raising a child (he started teaching Shuichi business the second he learned how to read), but Shuichi adored him more than anything in his little world.

Little Shuichi Saihara was 4 when he met his birth parents. He didn't even know who they were until his Uncle Byakuya introduced them. Uncle Byakuya didn't like them, Shuichi could tell that.

Shuichi had two parents; none of them was dead. His mother was a tall lady with long lilac hair and purple eyes. She and Shuichi shared their pale complexions and slim figures. His father was a short man with spiky, desaturated brown hair, a prominent ahoge and washed-out hazel eyes.

Shuichi's ahoge is better, Shuichi had thought to himself, Less chunky.

Uncle Byakuya soon sent Shuichi to his room. Shuichi was supposed to go back to bed, but he had always been a curious boy and so he disobeyed. He opened his bedroom door and peeked out through the crack. Byakuya was yelling at the pair.

"Absolutely not!" he shouted. "You don't have the right to do that!"

"I don't have the right?!" the purple lady yelled back. "I think you're forgetting something Byakuya," The lady spat out his name as if it was venom. "Shuichi is my son! MY FLESH AND MY BLOOD!"

"Shuichi didn't even know that you two existed until 10 minutes ago!" Byakuya shouted. "He barely knows your eye colour, Kyoko!"

"That's because he lives under the rock that is your house!"

As the three continued to scream, Shuichi closed the door and hugged his stuffed bear tightly. Their voices were loud and Shuichi had never seen his uncle that angry before. He didn't like it. He covered his ears. The boy felt his body shaking and he shut his eyes tightly as tears started to flow.

"GET OUT! NOW!"

Once the short ahoge-man dragged his furious wife away, Shuichi slowly peeked out of his bedroom. Byakuya quickly noticed him and Byakuya just stared into Shuichi's golden eyes. When he smiled, Shuichi ran toward him and hugged his leg.

"Don't cry Shuichi..." Byakuya whispered as he looked down at the toddler gripping tightly to his pants. His voice was much kinder now compared to before and his eyes were warm as he patted Shuichi's head. Shuichi moved his head up and stared into his uncle's blue eyes.

"Uncle," the boy said, his voice loud and clear. "Cannot abandon Shuichi."

Byakuya was shocked. "What...?"

"Uncle cannot abandon Shuichi." the dark-haired boy repeated. "Uncle cannot leave Shuichi alone."

"Oh, Shuichi..." Byakuya said, picking the petite boy up by the armpits. "I will never abandon you. I promise..."

Shuichi giggled joyously as Byakuya kissed and hugged him. He believed every word his uncle said. But that changed soon. Shuichi had been watching TV that fateful day, when...

"Byakuya Togami, the Former Ultimate Affluent Progeny, has been found dead in an alleyway. Kyoko Kirigiri has pledged to solve the mystery and find the murderer that killed him. Here are a few responses from his old classmates-"