Chapter 9- You're Too Good For Him

The teacher had assigned the class to a Science project. And do you want to know what the worst part was?

It's a group project.

CHOICE

<Kokichi, Miu, Rantaro>

<Kirumi, Kiibo, ???>

<???, Maki, Kaito>

<Kaede, Korekiyo, ???>

<---, ---, --->

CHOICE CHOSEN

<Kokichi, Miu, Rantaro>

When Miss Yukizome announced that the students could choose their own groups, the entire class burst into a humongous argument. Curses were shouted and chairs would have been thrown had the teacher not stepped in. 

Everyone had only one goal in mind: to be a group with Shuichi. Shuichi just assumed it was because he was the smartest in the class.

"I had predicted that this would happen..." Miss Yukizome groaned. She then took out a big white box. "So, since you guys can't even pick a group without starting a war, we will be picking lots. Shuichi, you first."

So, here they were.

Shuichi walked up to the front of the class and stuck his hand into the box Miss Yukizome was holding. He moved his hand around before finally grabbing three little pieces of paper.

All eyes were on Shuichi as he read the papers that determined the people in his group. Everyone was praying to every god they knew to be with him. The atmosphere was heavy and the air was so tense that you could slice it with a katana.

Shuichi didn't care who his groupmates were, as long as he had at least two competent people. He read the papers and wrote the results on the board.

"Kokichi, Rantaro and Miu."

"YES!" the three people cheered, jumping up from their seats. Their expressions quickly changed when they realized that Shuichi was looking at them as if they were madmen. They quickly sat back down.

Meanwhile, the rest of the class gritted their teeth and eyed the three lucky people with extreme jealousy. Kokichi hid his gleeful expression. Rantaro gave everyone a smug look. Miu gave them the L.

After a lot of begging and convincing, Shuichi gave both Miu and Rantaro his number (Kokichi already had his number so he didn't need to worry about him).

"We'll meet at Rantaro's house on Saturday!" Miu texted, along with a bunch of unnecessary emojis. "DON'T DRESS LIKE A LOSER (Looking at you Kokichi)."

Later on, Shuichi texted Kokichi to ask if it was ok for him to drop by to pick him up. Shuichi had never seen anyone reply to a text so fast.

. . .

"Hello Kokichi," Shuichi waved to the short purple-haired boy as KoroKoro pulled up with an audible skirt. "Get in, let's not be late."

Kokichi smiled, nodded and got in the car. He was wearing a baggy white hoodie with black details, along with black shorts and knee socks. Shuichi immediately recognized his new outfit as something that he recently purchased when they went shopping together with Maki.