Chapter 7- I Don't Care

Note: I am aware that there haven't been that many choices for the bully squad, but there is a reason for that. Since "Sit with the nerds" was chosen in the first few chapters, that choice locks a lot of the events that can occur with the members of the bullies for the first part of the story/game

!Special Event Unlocked!

KoroKoro drove down the busy road, her exterior shiny and polished compared to the other peasant cars. Shuichi looked out of the window, watching as the world melted into mere blurs. Sphynx sat comfortably on his lap, purring happily as she nuzzled her head against Shuichi's fingers. Shuichi's hat lay upside down on the passenger seat. Sphynx had decided to use that as a makeshift bed and as a result, the hat was now full of kitten fur.

When KoroKoro drove past a certain house, Shuichi immediately recognized that it was Kokichi's house and ordered her to stop.

By turning on the thermal scanners and using the window as a screen, Shuichi saw two reddish figures. They seemed to be pointing at a much smaller figure, which had to be Kokichi. They were yelling and from Kokichi's lowered head and trembling figure, he was crying. 

"Hm..." Shuichi muttered. Shuichi didn't move from his seat. Instead, he ordered KoroKoro to record everything and upload it to his phone.

Shuichi had a plan.

. . .

Shuichi gently blew on his ramen noodles before putting the noodles into his mouth and slowly chewing.

Kyoko and Makoto were busy with their work again; Makoto with the school and Kyoko with her beloved detective work. It seemed that even after so many years, she was still hung up on that one case; the murder case that she wasn't able to solve.

There was no noise, no talking, no nothing, only absolute silence. In front of Shuichi, sat two other steaming-hot ramen bowls, completely untouched.

Shuichi wasn't surprised. This is how it always was.

Perhaps it was better this way. Some people say that absolute silence scared them, but to Shuichi, this was the norm. Just he and himself, all alone in a big house, with no one to disturb him.

Shuichi enjoyed this... he thinks.

Shuichi soon finished his dinner. The two ramen bowls still sat there. The food was getting cold.

Shuichi let out a frustrated sigh and got up from the table. He grabbed his empty bowl and dumped it in the dishwasher, slamming the dishwasher shut and punching the buttons. He grumbled to himself as he transferred the food into paper bowls and popped the lids on.

"They insist that I stay in this house..." he muttered. "Yet they don't even bother to eat dinner with me... I wasted so much time making dinner for them today..."

Shuichi grabbed the packaged food, put it in a plastic bag and walked out of the house.

"KoroKoro, take us to Alder High."

Just like every other day, Shuichi was forced to become some kind of lowly errand boy and send food to his parents. Shuichi would hire someone to do it for him, but that would mean that a stranger would have to come into his house. And knowing humans, they would definitely try to strike up a... conversation.

The world was drab and boring. Through the window, the world was just a straight line. Shuichi definitely would have preferred the helicopter, but Makoto and Kyoko's house didn't have a landing pad. Plus, Kyoko complained that the wind messed up her papers (and Shuichi couldn't refute that because he understood the pain).