Chapter 6

Three weeks later

-KATNISS-

I wake up crying from yet another night filled with nightmares and flashbacks of the arenas. The last one was a long nightmare about Snow succeeding in killing me in every way possible. Every time I died, the dream would start again but with a different way of dying.

Slowly, I drag myself out of the comfort of my own bed and head downstairs. Sae is cooking breakfast so I sit in the rocking chair watching her granddaughter play with Buttercup. I start to imagine Peeta on the floor with her. He would make a great father one day.

That thought pulls me out of my daydream and I begin to freak out. Having kids has always been my number one fear in life. Why would I even think about having kids? The room starts to feel small and I feel like can't breathe. In a flash I'm up and running towards the woods while holding my ears and screaming. Once I enter the woods, I look down and realize that I am wearing Peeta's clothes and am barefoot.

Annoyed that I can't do anything barefoot, I head back to my house. But just as I start to enter the meadow, my foot catches on part of the fence and I fall to the ground.

Pain shoots through my leg as I try and stand up. After a couple of tries, i finally stand. I put some weight on the sore foot as I start walking back to the Victor's Village. This turns out to be a very bad idea and I realize that it's probably broken. I think. I don't know the difference. I grit my teeth and start to walk. "Katniss Everdeen where are you?" I hear Haymitch yell. I start walking to him when I accidentally put too much weight on my bad foot and shriek in pain. Soon Haymitch appears. "God sweetheart you just about gave me a heart attack." He says. He looks at me and starts laughing. "Did you run out of your own clothes?" He asks. "I hurt my ankle and you think that me wearing Peeta's clothes is weird?" I ask angrily. Haymitch suddenly looks at my foot. "Yeah I think you shouldn't be walking on that. I'll help you home." He says. Slowly we make it back to my house and he helps me onto the couch. Haymitch grabs one of the pillows near my head and helps me put my foot on it. "I need to call your mom to see if she can give me advice on what to do. If she decides to head over here, it's not my fault." He says. I nod and he goes to the phone in the kitchen. Exhausted from the nightmares and my ankle, I fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow.

I wake up when someone tries to move my bad ankle. "Sorry. I was trying to get a better look at it." A familiar voice says to me. "Mother? Is that you?" I ask. "Your foot isn't broken. Just a sprain. But you shouldn't have gone out there without shoes in the first place. It could've turned out worse." She says in her doctor voice. I'm too tired to start an argument about how I'm calmer in the woods so I nod my head. "I only have today and tomorrow off from work so I need to head back but I'll be back in a few weeks to check on it." She says while standing up. "Thanks for checking on her." Haymitch says to my mother. "No problem." She tells him. "Bye mother." I say as she goes to the door. She gives me a small smile and says bye to me before leaving. As soon as she leaves, I sit up with the help of Haymitch. As soon as I was sitting up, the phone rings. I start to get up but then realize I can't move my foot too much. "I'll get the phone sweetheart." Haymitch says as he stands up. Buttercup gets on the back of the couch and begins to wash himself.

After a few minutes of silence, the door to the study opens and Haymitch comes back in the living room. "That was the Capitol doctor. Peeta will be here tomorrow."

Sorry for the late update. Had writer's block for quite a while. I've also been battling a cold for the past few days. 

I have a couple of ideas but I need some more. Feel free to comment or message me if you have some. (Can't include Gale or the Games starting again)

Also should Haymitch become sober?