Chapter 10

Katniss

I stare at Peeta in shock. "I'm back." He says. I fling my arms around him and hold him tight. His strong arms wrap around my waist and I feel his lips on my neck. "Stay with me." I say. "Always." He says before kissing me. I realize that the house is silent. "Where's my mother?" I ask. "She went back to District Four. Some kind of medical emergency happened and they needed her assistance. She had the hovercraft fly her over there. She almost had to fight the pilot but he agreed after Paylor threatened to fire him." Peeta says. "What about Buttercup? Where is he?" I ask, panicking. "He wanted outside. I'll see where he is." He says before leaving.

About a couple minutes later, I hear a loud scream. I run to find Peeta standing on the couch, pointing at Buttercup. I look at him and find a dead mouse in front of him. I realize what's going on and start laughing. "Stop laughing and get rid of it." Peeta says, getting down. "Don't worry. He does it all the time. It's how he survived this long." I explain to him. There is a knock at the door. Peeta and I look at each other in confusion. The knocking resumes. Peeta goes to the door. I see two people. One of them motions him outside. He steps outside and shuts the door. I look out the window to see them leaving the Victor's Village. I decide to take a shower and get dressed in something other in Peeta's shirt. As I put my clothes on, I hear the door open. "Katniss?" Peeta asks. "Upstairs." I yell. He comes in as I'm pulling my shirt down. "What's up?" I asked. I notice the dazed look on his face. "I got all my parents' money that they had saved along with the property that the bakery was on." He says. "Peeta that's awesome." I say. "Yeah. I don't know what I want to do with it." Peeta says. I think you should rebuild the bakery. Make it your own." I say. "Ours. I want it to be ours." Peeta corrects me. "What are you going to name our bakery?" I ask. Peeta thinks for a moment. Then he smiles. "Everlark Bakery."