THIRTEEN: Dynamight

Shitty Hair

:Where r u?

the beach:

I had come out here to be alone. The night had been perfect. That's not to say that y/n's presence was unwelcomed, but it certainly was not intended. I watched as her empty eyes looked towards the sky that she could not see, and how those same empty eyes stared at her feet while she talked. I watched as she hugged her knees and thought of what to say next, carefully choosing each word. I hadn't realized the severity of her work until it was laid out in front of me. And I watched as her eyes glossed over while talking about stars.

A single tear stained her cheek as it fell and landed on the sand below her.

"Like death." I said. Violently perfect. Destructive and calm. You can't imagine it being real, until you see it at work.

"Exactly."

"That's what I was talking about." I looked into the distance as I spoke, not thinking before the words passed my lips. My lip quivered and I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "It keeps me up more nights than I can count." I kept my voice steady. "Some part of me thought I was going to die that day."

And there were the words that I had never said aloud to myself, now out in the open.

We sat in silence once more with nothing but the sound of waves and distant cars to fill the void. The air had gotten cooler and the moon reflected off the water before us. Y/n had closed her eyes and the sheen from the lone tear caught in the moonlight.

"I'm sorry," I said, "about your neck."

Her hand moved to touch the bandage and she smiled, a sad smile.

"It's okay." Her voice was barely above a whisper. She cleared her throat softly. "I'm sorry about your arm."

Though she could not see it, I returned the smile.

"It's okay."