FOURTEEN: Red Riot

The beach. If there is one place other than the clearing that Bakugo would go to, it would be the beach. I threw on a hoodie and let Denki and Mina know that I was going out to bring the hot-head back. The streets were quiet and the air was cooler. Week nights were usually calmer, in comparison to weekends, when people stayed out later and let loose after a week of work.

The beach was no different. And tonight it was most likely desolate, save for the one person I knew was there. I walked along the sidewalk until I saw two people sitting side by side on the sand. Not close enough to be a couple, but not far enough to be strangers. They sat a few feet from the rock ledge that overlooked the water, and part of the beach. As I got closer I was able to make out my best friend's face as well as the girl from earlier, y/n. The both of them facing forward as they talked. Not wanting to disturb them, I walked over to the rock and sat looking out at the water beneath me.

"Like death." The conversation was not too far out of earshot.

"Exactly." y/n said back.

The waves crashed before me and the next few lines were swallowed by the night. But as the wave receded he spoke again.

"Some part of me thought I was going to die that day."

I sucked in a breath of realization as his words registered. He was talking about the day in First-year when League had taken him. And he was talking about it with her. Bakugo never spoke of that to anyone.

I walked back to the sand and sat on a bench just off the sidewalk behind them. I let my head fall back as they finished their conversation, seeing just how many constellations I could point out and remember. Orion, and his belt. Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, the bears. The W one, who's name I can never remember, but is some queen. I was looking for a sixth when Bakugo called out.

"How long have you been here?" he asked. The girl beside him, furrowed her brow in confusion. "Kirishima is here." He said to her. She nodded.

"Long enough." He held my gaze. He knew that I had heard at least some of what was said. The blonde boy closed his eyes and nodded and the three of us walked back to the dorm buildings in silence.

-

"The incident is what's been bothering you isn't it?" I asked.

He paused before opening his door, and looked to the ground. Bakugo let out a soft, amused breath.

"It's not just that, Ejirou." He stopped before looking me in the eyes and continuing. "It's her."

Before I could open my mouth to speak he had gone into the room, and shut the door, leaving me there stunned. This whole time, I thought this man was angry and it turns out he's just hung up on y/n!

Dramatic fool.