Look Alive, Sunshine

Starting a new fanfic about the killjoys because I was really missing MCR. I won't be uploading regularly for the beginning since I don't want to forget about my other fanfics. Also, exams are coming up and I really need to study for them. In the mean time, enjoy the first chapter!

I woke up, sitting straight up, at the slight sound of the gravel being crushed outside of my house. When I say "my house" I mean the run down cave of rubble from a building on the outskirts of the city. I glanced out the window and saw a few kids wandering the streets, probably looking for their parents. It was just four days since the attack on Battery City. Better Living Industries have promised to help us, obviously they have different ideas. My family was no more, and I had been hiding in this destroyed building since. Apparently, many people, around my age were fleeing the city and making groups to keep them safe. I hate working in groups. Back in school, I was always put in groups where I did all the work and got in trouble for my partners. I feel like if I was out there, trying to survive, the group would cost me my life.

The kids outside were no older than nine years old, I felt so bad for them, they have no chance out here anymore. I am only 23 and I'm scared for my own life, not just mine and my families. I had an argument with my mother just last week, and had run away. I know it seems immature to run away from your problems, but I couldn't think of anything else. I had just made it to the outskirts of the city when the first threat was announced, they had just delivered the second batch of brain melting pills. I hadn't taken any of the first, I lied to my parents, telling them I had. I hid outside of the wall for two days, then it happened. At first I felt the ground move, then I was pushed over from the shock wave. I climbed over the wall to see what had happened, and I saw it.

I was ripped away from my terrifying memory by the sound of guns. They weren't normal guns, they were these- Ray Guns- only the workers of BL/Ind. had them. I peered over the window to see one child on the ground with a pool of blood around him, I saw the workers running around shooting, and I heard another child crying. These workers were emotionless, and brain dead. They had been given the pills prior to their release to the citizens. Each worker wore a mask, they were all the same, as if they were saying everything is one. BL/Ind. had come in a few years back and had slowly taken away all color from the city. However, each person felt the desire to have it return. That's why the pills were released. To make everyone comply with what evil they were doing.

I needed to get out of the city, and live far away from everything. I rose from where I was kneeling, and grabbed my few belongings. I had a pillow, a pack of gun, and my dark aviators. I decided to leave the pillow, knowing I wouldn't be able to carry it far in the Californian desert and it would serve no use to me. I put the sun glasses on and popped a piece of gum in my mouth. I climber out of a hole in the back of the building. This lead to another buildings roof, it was crumbling away which meant I had to take wary steps. I quickly made my way to the other buildings without getting spotted. I thought I was in the clear the moment I saw the wall in the distance. Then I heard a gun shot in my direction. "Halt! We will shoot!" Shouted a mindless worker. I decided to risk it, since they probably don't have good aim. I ran from crumbling roof to roof, dodging th poorly aimed later that were coming in my direction. I saw the wall, it was within steps of me, and I decided to leap over it. I landed awkwardly, causing me to collapse momentarily. 

I was out.

I had never been out of this city for longer than 15 minutes and I wasn't planning gone returning to this city anytime soon. My celebrations were cut short when I saw a few workers trying to climb the wall and shoot me. I ran in a zig-zag motion and I was eventually away from the city. For good.

One Month Later

I woke up to familiar rays of the sun rising. I had to wake up early today, because I was heading out to the shops. I sat up from my make shift bed, made out of old clothes that stopped fitting, or bags I find flying around. I stood up, being cautious of the low ceilings, and threw on my thin coat. I was wearing my old black T-Shirt that I escaped in, and faded jeans that I managed to steal from the slums of the city. I threw on my lovely red combat boots and crawled out of my tiny living area. This time around, I was living in a small building that might have once been a movie theater, before it collapsed. I stood up, brushing the dust off of my knees and trotted over to my bike. It was a small, but fast, motor bike. I had painted it black originally, but most of it was chipping off.