5. Day 0 of the Journey

Breaking through the forest and making sight of the town, I took a deep sigh. Walking down hill and towards the main path I was immediately greeted by my citizens of Yomi no Kuni.

"Lady Y/n! Lady Y/n!" a cluster of voices shouted. They clambered close to me, surrounding me and Doflamingo who was walking behind me.

"My lady! Have you found the Queen and King?"

"What of Lord Malik?"

Relentless questions asking about my awol family.

They don't care that I have been here for them, that I have made sure that they were well taken care of and protected for the past 26 years.

Even when I was with Doflamingo for a decade, and not physically here, I had devoted followers like Vik who helped manage affairs on my account.

They aren't completely idiots, they don't need a ruler, but considering that the royal blood line has far superior abilities, we were almost like gods that they worshiped.

Except for me. The defected one, seen as less than them at times.

"Move. I have business to attend to." I said glaring among the crowd.

They continued to be boisterous and annoying, even questioning why a human was with me.

Digging my fingernails in my palm in frustration I began to grit my teeth. The voices seemed to be growing, it was moments like this that I wished I had never come back.

I spent 8 years holed up in my home to avoid these people. They did nothing for me, they did nothing as one of their own, my only friend was slaughtered by my father.

They still continue to do nothing but wish for their precious overlords.

I'll never be good enough for them, never. I can't replace my parents, nor my brother. I can't even make them shut up.

"ENOUGH!" Doflamingo raised his voice. The voices seemed to quiet immediately.

I felt his large hand on my shoulder almost pushing me.

"I need assistance in supplies for the large carrier ship," I said looking at crowd around me.

"Enough supplies to last about twenty people for a month. I am going out again," Looking at the murmuring voices I felt like I had to lie to them. It was the only way to get them to do what I needed.

"I am going to search for King Ayins, Queen Ketsuki , and my brother Malik. As many people who can help load the ship with supplies, as many supplies as the ship will take. I will not be returning until they are with me."

Shocked and almost pleased expressions riddled the crowd that came alive and quickly scattered. Shouting and running and telling as many people as possible.

Some quickly rushed towards the dock in preparation. Taking a deep sigh I leaned back into Doflamingo.

"What else are you hiding from me?" The hand on my shoulder tightened as I looked up to see an angry Doflamingo. Swallowing hard, I tried to think of what he could mean.

"What was I hiding from you?" I asked, feeling a bead of sweat fall from my face.

"Don't play dumb Y/n. I have no patience for your antics."

Ok yeah, he is pissed. But why?

It's not like I didn't tell him that I wasn't human. He knew that, he knew of my abilities and knows what happens when things go too far with my ability.

He knows that I am searching for my parents....

Fuck.

"Oh," I said, realizing that I didn't mention the fact that my family just so happens to rule the island.