14. Fate Has a Funny Bone

I don't know how long it's been since I was cast aside by Doflamingo. All I know is it seemed like I was infiltrating the Strawhats whether I liked it or not.

I feel  myself drifting in and out of unconsciousness but I don't have the energy to make an effort to open my eyes.

He should have killed me.

I don't want to be alone, not again.

The air doesn't smell like the ocean anymore, and the rocking isn't as bad as it was moments ago. I feel like I'm warming up, but I didn't realize I was cold.

Trying to move my fingers I feel them twitch, just enough to force my body to move through my ability.

It feels like fire is running through my veins. Like screeching metal on metal. I don't know where I am, and I know that wherever it is, I don't want to be here.

"She's waking up, Tristan go get Chopper and Law. Having a human face might be helpful." He's not...human.

Wait.

Law? Surgeon of Death Law?

Chopper? The Strawhat's pet?

"Right away Mr. Miyagi." A woman's voice. Where the hell am I?

Did I seriously just run into the Strawhats?

Struggling to sit up I grunted in a painful attempt to not be laying down with more strangers coming in.

"Whoa whoa young lass don't push yourself. Let me help you."

Grinding my teeth I opened my eyes and saw a talking white goat, Mink? Or devil fruit?

"I don't need your help." Forcing myself to say before sighing in heavy pain. My head feels like it's going to explode.

"You're awake! Oh good! How are you feeling? My name's Chopper!" A small raccoon.. No deer with a hat and shorts walks in and immediately crawls up on a chair next to my bedside.

Looking at him he looks kind. Young and naive. I have to be with the Mink tribe which would put me on Zou. Zunisha must not be happy to have one of my kind on her back again.

Looking at the goat man, Miyagi and at Chopper I felt overwhelmed. Reaching for my head to try and steady the pain if even for a moment to collect my thoughts.

"Is your head hurting? Here, try this." Reaching in his little brown bag he pulled at a round ball, looking at it and him, I didn't trust it.

Glaring at him and the goat man I saw another deer Mink come in with a man in a white hat with black dots.

Looking at him, I did feel a sense of relief. I don't dislike the Mink, but I really just don't like being overwhelmed like this.

As if noticing my relaxation around a human face, Chopper set down his medicine on a desk next to me and hopped off the chair.

"Hm.. Mr. Miyagi, Tristan, could you help me with something outside?"

"Sure thing Doctor Chopper."

Doctor? He's a pet. Right?

Maybe it's so his feelings aren't hurt.

As if just waiting for them to leave, Law let out a deep sigh. Setting down his sword that he held over his shoulder and taking off his hat he came over and sat by me in the chair that Chopper was once in.

Looking at me I felt like he wasn't trying to be rude, but was genuinely looking at my wounds.

"My name is Trafalgar Water Law. You've been here with us for about two days. You had a fever for a while that almost took you. We found you drifting in the ocean covered in blood with barely any clothes. If you let me, I would like to take your vitals and check your bandages."