6. Day 1

The sound of running water tickled my ears. Feeling encased in a warmth I stirred in bed, not quite ready to open my eyes.

"Fufufufu, can't sleep forever Little Bird." Hearing Doffy's laugh further away from me, I opened my eyes. Waiting to adjust to the light, I felt the feathers of his pink coat sprawled across me. It smelt of blood and his musk, it was a familiar comfort.

"How long was I out?" I asked, seeing him sitting in the tub, hot steamy water swirled in the air around his naked body.

"It's midday right now, you slept the entire night." he said resting his arms on the sides of the tub, almost showing off his muscular arms.

"I slept the whole night?Just me?" I questioned, with my curiosity peaking. Getting out of the bed I walked over to the tub, dipping my feet into the hot water.

"And what were you doing all night?" Leaning my back into him as water slowly began to spill over the sides of the tub.

It was quiet for a moment, the silence was a stab to my heart. Something about whatever is bothering him is making him lack his trust in me.

Not only did I kill beside him for a decade, rob with him and be a secret partner that the world government knew nothing about...

But I kept his personal feelings and secrets only to myself. The regret he felt for killing his only brother and seeing the internal struggle he had with himself about betrayal and love.

I left him.

I didn't cheat on him, I didn't snitch and I never turned on him even when I thought he had written me off.

He has given me so many reasons over almost two whole decades to not trust him. Yet, I still lay in bed with him, and I stay with him. I waited for him, thinking maybe he would come after me.

But that was impossible, even if he did come looking for me, he never would have made it to my homeland.

What did I do to deserve this amount of mistrust?

Shifting in the tub uncomfortably, I felt as his arms began to wrap around me. But I was not going to have my feelings disregarded because of his mistrust in a single mistake. I was gone for 8 years, and gave him 10 years of loyalty before that.

Gritting my teeth, the air in the room changed to something that made it feel hard to breathe. I felt as if my anger was radiating off my body, and Doflamingo could sense it as well as his arms returned to the sides of the tub.

Gripping the sides of the tub I got out and walked to the wardrobe, lifting the storm latches and finding suitable clothing.

The silence continued, although I could hear the displeasure from across the room as his eyes bore into me.

Finding a pair of black pants that were made of some unknown stretchy material, I opted for these for quick movement and comfort.

Going commando, I picked up my bra from the night before off the ground before I grabbed the dark green crop top that latched together around my neck.

Slipping on a pair of socks, I slid on a pair of brown boots and left the room; half slamming the door.

He could have stopped me, but he knows better, as I know better when he is in one of his moods.

The few times we have fought it has always been a stalemate as I would never dare cross lines that he has. The truth in the matter is, a puppeteer is no match for someone whose blood they spill can be used against them.

If my ability wasn't so broken, I could be like my family and use his own blood as a weapon against him. But I would never dare weaponize him as he has weaponized me in the past.