11. Little Bird

We spent the past two days sailing to my home.

Doflamingo promised that rather than kill anyone who refuses to accept him as their new king, they would be turned into toys.

But I wasn't worried about some people being killed.

But others.. Like Vik, I told Doffy I would handle it as long as he gave me the opportunity to do so.

I struggled over the past few days to make the call to Vik about what was about to happen to our home.

I know he won't accept it, but I also know that he and many others have wanted me to take up the mantle.

I feel numb.

The words Doffy spoke to me resonated. I never felt like I needed revenge on anyone other than my family.

I haven't really taken this chance to be selfish with my own kind.

The others have tried talking to me, even Trebol has attempted to be friendly.

Delli has been sparing with me as of lately. His kicks have a lot of force to them, and I need the painful distraction. Black and blue bruises decorated me like a bad painting.

It reminds me I'm not a robot right now.

Giolla brought me food, and talked with me.

She has expressed how much she missed me and that it's nice to have another woman with a little sense.

She sits with me and talks while I listen. Gently brushing my hair and saying how lovely it is that I can sit and help her paint once more.

Diamanté is annoying. But he knows Doflamingo well.

He's a kiss ass but, he's at least expressed how thankful he was for rescuing everyone from prison. He has been kind enough to keep Trebol from me and bring me alcohol as "compensation". His choice of word, not mine.

Senior pink has talked about his wife and dead child a lot.

He has abandoned the baby outfit and is making an effort to work out.

Franky, the cyborg, and him fought apparently on Dressrosa.

He said it had made him realize a few things.

I am thankful for that straw hat. He at least allowed this broken man to heal. If only a little.

Gladius has been following me around, and sits next to me when I am reading.

He used to avoid me like the plague.

He has made light conversation about what I'm reading and how I am doing.

He is really the only one who has asked me that. 'How are you?'

I couldn't tell him the truth even if I wanted to. I don't know how I am myself, other than existing.

He has felt like.. A brother in a way with how gentle yet annoyed he is with me.

Sugar came to talk to me, Monet and I were friends. Best friends really. Since she has only recently died... it helps for us to talk about her together.

Monet was dear to Doffy, I mean, he rescued her and Sugar. They were like his children in a way. He raised them, just like he did for Buffalo and Baby 5...

Monet was... funny, and she was honestly the glue that kept me going with the family when she was alive. Giolla is great, but Monet..

She could hold her liquor. I admired her devotion to Doffy. It took her to the end.