16. Marimo in Training

"I wasn't expecting that amount of strength out of you." Putting his shirt on, Zoro had stayed up all night helping me train. He wouldn't let me touch his swords but we did end up arm wrestling.
I lost.

However I put up a good fight, I'm sure with some more training and muscle building I will be able to beat him. Or at least keep up with him.

"I'm usually a little stronger when I'm not nursing a few injuries. Oh, wow."

Rays of light begin to dance across the sky as the sun rises into the air. Stopping to stare I feel the welcomed warmth across my skin making me hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

This is a familiar feeling, warmth of the sun while being happy.

This reminds me of when the sun shined on me when Doffy and I had that water fight. I don't know if I can think of a happier memory right now...

I can't wait to have fun times like that again.

But...Will I?

It felt like we only had the good times so I could be here, so I could kill these nice fucking people.

I did have another good time with Robin and Nami. Even now, this precious moment with Zoro helping me.

"Hey, are you ok?" Touching my face in surprise I feel a wetness on my cheeks. Zoro looked concerned as he stepped closer to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Looking at my hands, my fingertips wet with salty tears that were streaming down my face. I can't believe I'm crying. Again.

His strings are anchored deep within my hearts and I don't know if they can break...or if I even have the strength to cut them myself.

"Yeah, sorry. It's just really beautiful." Clearing my throat I wiped the tears away trying to ignore the feelings of hurt and abandonment.

If I just focus on the sunrise maybe he won't notice that these aren't happy tears.

"Huh? It's just the same old sun rise." Hand behind his head scratching his head I can't help but laugh an open mouth laugh loudly. More tears seem to come out of nowhere.

"Are you sure you're –"

"HEY! MOSSHEAD! Why are you making Y/n cry!?" Sanji coming out of nowhere in a fresh white shirt and black pants getting in Zoro's face interrupting him.

"What are you doing eavesdropping you creep?!" Protesting Zoro seemed to match his energy. This behavior really is a regular occurrence for these two, isn't it?

"Sanji, no, it's not his fault. Really." Putting my arm on him and one on Zoro's chest to try and separate the two.

Both of them seemed to tense up with my touch only to relax, glaring at each other. If looks could kill, they both would be dead. The rivalry is seriously intense. Sanji looks down at me as if checking to see if I mean what I say.

Narrowing his eyes at me I watched as he looked me up and down then back to Zoro. Taking a step back from Zoro Sanji didn't look like he believed me at all about Zoro not making me cry.

"I think you need to get away from this idiot swordsman. Why don't you come help me in the kitchen Y/n. I can always use some help making large meals, especially breakfast; the most important one."

"Sure, I wouldn't mind that." Sanji turned to leave and headed towards the building he took me to yesterday. Starting to follow him I felt a gentle hand on my wrist.

" You were up with me all night, can you really handle more?" Blushing, I couldn't help but wave him off. How did he make something that is meant to sound innocent sound dirty?