[6] Sep 16, 2022 - Friday 22:04 [12]

| Party's Residence

Rosé and I have entered the building, and we are now waiting at the apartment door.

"I hope they have decent food here... can you believe that at the last party I went to, they didn't even have chips? Like, who throws a party without chips?"

"Mhm."

"I mean, it's not like chips are what I like the most, but they should be the bare minimum at a party, right? Well, okay, yeah, I do like chips, it just depends on the kind of chips, because maybe they're actually what I like the most. Do you think they have chips?"

"I--"

The door opens and Jennie appears behind it.

"Hi... wow... you actually came?" Jennie asks looking at me.

"I'm sorry, wasn't that what we had agreed?"

Rosé begins to peek into the room.

"Yes... but I wasn't sure if you would actually come."

"Well, can I just go home then?"

"No," she grabs my wrist... and lets it go right away.

What was that, ma'am?

"... Oh, yeah..." she chuckles.

"... Personal space," she teases. Hmm... when she wants, she really annoys me...

"... You are already here and are, so just come inside."

We enter and Jennie closes the door behind us.

"Who's that?" of course, Rosé is already focused on some girl. I thought that actually, she was going to look for the damn chips first.

Jennie chuckles.

"I will introduce you guys to her."

She grabs Rosé's hand and walks in the girl's direction.

I just follow them. Yey... introductions... to people.

"Jennie, I didn't see any food," Rosé says, and I chuckle.

"They have it in the kitchen."

"Oh, okay."

...

"Babe?" a man says behind us... it's him...

Jennie goes in his direction and kisses him briefly for a few seconds.

I breathe in and clench my jaw. Great, interesting feelings flowing through me, just great, great... why did I think this was going to be a good idea? That wide smile she has now... he's the reason.

...

Jennie introduced us to him... X... he is... nice... they're not near to us anymore. Jennie is sitting on his lap in the other corner of the room. They've been talking to each other, close like this, for I don't know how long... but for quite some time... and... I-I can't look. Shit.

I turn to the window where I'm leaning. What is this feeling...? Why am I on the verge of tears? I've never cried over a girl before. I can feel a lump forming in my throat, growing tighter.

"Omo, Jennie and her boyfriend are eating each other," Rosé says surprised to me, as she chews on chips that she's eating from a bowl she stole.

I nod.

"... Look."

I take a deep breath.

"No... and stop looking," I whisper.