Chapter 5

Still undecided about whether I wanted to stay or leave the hotel, I choose to take a walk around to lose myself in my thoughts and come to some sort of conclusion. The instant I got up I faced the direction that Time left earlier, jealously and anger filled my heart. I sighed, frustrated, and instantly turned around in order to mask myself from the possibilities of what was going on in that bathroom.

Even though I was well aware of Time's disloyalty, I had never seen him in a compromising situation with anyone before. And I wanted more than anything for it to stay that way. Seeing myself actively being cheated on, would break me to extents even I couldn't fathom.

Where exactly I was planning on going to was something even I didn't know, however, I choose to follow whatever path and passage that occupied the fewest people. It somewhat reduced the chances of seeing Kinn, his bodyguards and Time. I found it easy to forget about the things that worried me when I was alone. Even the chaos that Kinn had found himself in no longer played on my mind.

The hotel was magnificent. Foot lights illuminated every path, the walls were plastered with some of the most intricate wallpaper I had ever seen and there were so many ancient but classic pieces of furniture scattered around the passages. It was no wonder Kinn and his associates had chosen this place for their auction. It felt like a castle; something that definitely belong to the mafia world.

I noticed Big and Ken standing firm in front of what seemed to be a closed room door. They weren't saying anything, nor were they looking at each other. They were working, protecting something and that had to be Kinn.

I tried to piece together various outcomes that involved a room, but nothing seemed to make sense especially if it involved Porsche. I don't think Kinn was the type of guy to torture someone, let alone in such a public area. So, was he sleeping with someone? He did that fairly frequently. But meeting a stranger in the middle of such a panic, with his most trusted bodyguards nearby, well, that no longer seemed like a possibility.

I looked away and leaned my back against the wall. Even I knew better than to be inquisitive and bombard them. It wasn't my place. Turning around, I continued walking down the passage, further away from Kinn and his bodyguards.

After reaching the ground floor, I couldn't help but notice the blue light that filled the end of the floor. Let alone notice it, I was intrigued by it; attracted to it. It felt like it was calling me...

The open the glass doors simultaneously and am immediately hit by the icy winds from outside. It was refreshing but let me freezing. As I stood in the doorway, I spin around slowly admiring the high hotel building, the carefully manicured garden, the large pool and I had company? I stop suddenly and take a step forward. I knew this person...the white suit, the perfectly set hair, the glass of champagne... I smirked, blushing slightly... I really was lucky enough to have had walked straight to Vegas... it was no wonder I felt so compelled to entering the deck.