Chapter 2: The Future

This is a slower chapter but I wanted you to have insight into Adrien and Marinette's friendship :) Hope you like it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Marinette)

The final bell rings and I am quickly making my way out of my class and outside catching up to Alya and Nino who are waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Marinette, can you believe it!? One week left and we are done with this place! I'll be off starting my internship with Nadja Chamack, Nino, my amazingly talented boyfriend will be recording and making music with 'the Jagged Stone' and you Marinette Dupain-Cheng, my best friend and all-around superstar, will be interning for Paris's most famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste!!" She slings one arm over Nino's shoulders and the other over mine as we make our way out of the building.

"Then, in the fall, we will all be starting at university to study what we love and to get some freedom and adventure!" Nino laughs grabbing Alya's hand from his shoulder and pulls her up onto his back like a backpack.

"Yes! We are moving on to bigger and better things. This summer is going to be one to remember for sure!" I smile at how cute they are but let out a sigh, "I just wish EVERYONE was able to have a great summer and freedom to choose their futures..." 

Both of my friend's face's fall and Alya climbs down from Nino's back and hugs me. "He's almost 18 Marinette... Maybe his dad will loosen up on him then...?" I nod slowly trying to stay positive.

"Speaking of which, I better get going. Do you have anything you want me to bring to him?" Nino opens his bag and pulls out a disk, "Yeah, actually! It's a new track I'm working on. Give it to him and ask him to give me some feedback?" I smile, nod and hug Alya goodbye, waving to them as I start making my way down the sidewalk. 

After almost sending Adrien around the world for a perfume commercial, Gabriel Agreste pulled him out of school to be permanently homeschooled, claiming that they world was too dangerous with all of the awkumatized people walking around. 

With the added superpowers of the miraculous's that hawkmoth stole from me I kind of understand him wanting to protect his son but its left Adrien really lonely... 

Adds yet another reason why we need to find and defeat Hawkmoth as soon as possible. 

Mr. Agreste only allows one friend to come visit Adrien every week, and on special occasions like birthday's or holidays he allows us all over for a couple hours. This week it's my turn to go see him and while my romantic feelings for Adrien have gone away, they have been replaced with a very strong friendship. 

I still make a fool out of myself when I'm around him but now, it's because I don't want to say the wrong thing. He is going through so much right now, being ripped away from his friends and the outside world, and I never know how to make him feel better. 

We've gotten closer, all of us, as we've tried to give him advise and be there for him as much as we can. We are all hoping that one day he can find a way to follow his heart instead of following his father's orders.

I make my way up the steps to the looming metal gate and ring the bell. The security camera turns to face me before the lock on the gate pops open and I am able to make my way inside and up the steps to the towering doors of Agreste mansion. 

The doors glide open to reveal Nathalie Sancoeur, the Agreste's assistant-coordinator person. "Hi Mrs. Sancoeur, it's nice to see you again." Nathalie gives a small smile and backs up allowing me to get inside. "Please call me Nathalie, Marinette."