Chapter 5: Mr. Agreste

A/N: Hi everyone! Just a heads up - this next chapter takes place about 5 years after our last chapter :) so our hero's are about 23 years old now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Adrien Agreste)

"Don't be bemused it's just the news! This is Alya Césaire reporting to you live from the Eiffel Tower where our favorite local superhero, Ladybug, has just resurfaced after disappearing for the last five years!
Ladybug went MIA after putting the evil Hawkmoth, aka the famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, behind bars all those years ago. She was spotted here only moments ago, on what seemed to be a patrol of the city.
Most Parisians seem to be delighted by her return and excited to have our Ladybug heroine watching over us once again but many are asking,
'why now, after all these years'?
Some sources are speculating that this might mean another evil super-baddie is at large! While others say that her return is due to the homecoming of her once partner in crime, Chat Noir aka 'The Adrien Agreste'.
Adrien Agreste has become a household name all around the globe and is known for being one of the biggest fashion moguls of all time. After taking over his father's company at the mere age of eighteen he started his career and has become unstoppable in the fashion world! Mr. Agreste claims he is finally coming back to Paris to launch his new clothing line.
Could he also be coming home to make amends with a certain superhero? We will have to wait and see what happens at his gala next week-"

I turn off the television and pack the last of my items away in my briefcase before exiting my hotel room and walking down the hall to the elevator. It has truly been an amazing experience to travel the world and freely create as I go. 

Although it was never my desire to follow in my father's footsteps with the fashion industry, it seems that I have a natural gift for art and creation. I have enjoyed every aspect of journey, but it is finally time to go back to Paris. 

Nathalie has been back home for about four years, looking after my childhood home. She stayed with me for the first year to help me just started but said that she wanted to go back and handle the business in Paris for me. Simon, however, has stayed by my side throughout all of my travels.

I am going home to launch this new line because after all, it was inspired by friends there but I am also going back for my best friend's wedding. Nino has asked me to be his best man, and since he has traveled around the world countless times to visit me, the least I can do is be there for him on his big day. 

And anyways, I've avoided Paris and my past there for long enough, its time I face the public. 

I also intend to use this trip to make amends with Ladybug... All these years and I have never heard from her... I can't help but wonder if Alya's predictions might me right; maybe Ladybug is  coming out of retirement because I am coming back? Maybe she has finally forgiven me for leaving all those years ago...? 

I know that I'm not that same person I was when we were kids, I just hope we can make amends and move on from the past as friends. If I am being completely honest, I have let go of any romantic feelings I had for Ladybug, but the guilt of abandoning her has always stuck with me. 

Leaving Paris allowed me the freedom that I had been needing. I had to figure out who I was out from under my fathers control. Now that I have experienced true adventure and figured out myself, what I am now searching for is friendship and belonging. What better place for that than France? 

The elevator doors finally open and I step out onto the roof. I make my way over to the helicopter and climb in next to Simon who is already seated in the back. As we ascend, I watch as the Italian skyline becomes smaller and smaller. Goodbye Milan, and hello Paris.