Chapter 12: Regaining Power

((( Hi everyone! Thank you for reading this story so far. This story has been very personal to me and some of the struggles that Marinette has had to face, including what happened with Luka, have been veiled reflections of some of the things I've gone through in my personal life. This chapter was emotional for me to write but also very cathartic... I hope you enjoy it. ))) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Marinette)

I flip over a table as the monster thrusts its tentacles towards me. I'm getting dizzy from the blood loss and the pain shooting up my left side is intensifying with every move. I have been beaten up by so many super-baddies and sentimonsters but this damn bullet wound really fucking hurts. 

Bitumen's tentacles toss one of the banquet tables right into me, sending me flying backwards and making me slam into a wall and fall to the floor. I've been trying to keep this thing busy so that Adrien has enough time to pull off his part of the plan but Bitumen is fast and I'm losing momentum...

"Lucky Charm!" I look over from my spot on the floor just in time to see Adrien catch the lucky charm. It looks like some sort of neckless... As soon as he sees it, I can see him register exactly what it is before he resumes his struggle with his father. He has been grappling with him and Lila, trying to get the Pegasus miraculous away from them. Gabriel suddenly knocks Lila unconscious before turning to continue his struggle with Adrien.

The monster whips its tentacles out again and I am forced to jump out of the way, but it grabs a hold of more wedding guests, absorbing them into its sludge. Nathalie starts frantically trying to get the doors open so everyone else can get to safety. I roll back up to my feet and sprint back towards the stage jumping over furniture as I go.

"A-Adrien let go! I am doing this for you son! For us!" Without releasing his grip on the Pegasus pin, Adrien holds up the neckless in front of his father's face. "You're not doing this for me! It was never about me!" Even from across the room I can see the shock on Gabriel's face. 

His entire body goes ridged with panic and fear and be stumbles backwards a step but doesn't let go of the pin. "W-where did you get that...?" I watch intensely as Adrien becomes angrier, pain and rage echoing in his voice as he yells at Gabriel, 

"This was ALWAYS for you! Don't you DARE blame me for the psychotic choices YOU'VE made! I lost my mother because of you, right?!" Gabriel glares at the glittering gold locket, as if willing it to disappear under his harsh gaze. "Your drive for power killed her, didn't it!?"

When his father refuses to answer him, Adrien loses his composure and tackles his father to the ground, sending the Pegasus pin sliding across the floor. Adrenaline still pumping through my veins, I sprint and dive for it just as Bitumen finally catches up with me. 

Quickly snapping the pin on, I turn to face the creature and realize that it is only a few feet away from me, "Qilin, Plagg, unify!" As powers entangle with one another, I throw my arms up over my face and brace for impact. "BITUMEN, STOP!" 

 After a few seconds, I peak, slowly lowering my arms and I see the creature has come to a complete stop directly in front of me.

"NO! This isn't possible!!" I ignore Gabriel's screams and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and slowly step back from the creature. After catching my breath, I run back to the stage where Adrien is beating the hell out of his father. "A-Adrien stop, he's not worth it!" 

I pull him back to keep him from landing anymore punches. As I do, Gabriel gets up, bloodied and beaten and trys to make a run for it. "Bitumen, hold onto Gabriel Agreste until I ask for his release." The tar monster quickly pulls Gabriel into its tentacles and high into the air.