Chapter 11: Trust me

((( Hi Everyone!! Not much to say other than enjoy the new chapter!! )))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Adrien)

Sipping on my drink I look around the reception, scanning for Marinette. I realize that I haven't gotten to talk to her hardly all day with everyone running around for the wedding. This morning when I woke up, she looked so peaceful sleeping next to me... 

I had brushed the hair out of her face, and she woke up and looked up at me. She gave me a sleepy smile and the first thing she said was 'I love you'. 

She snuggled herself into my chest for a minute before jumping away from me and checking the time on the clock on the nightstand. She quickly climbed out of bed and rushed around getting dressed saying that she was going to be late to meet up with Alya and the other girls.

She then kissed me goodbye and after that I didn't see her again until we paired up to walk down the aisle together, and wow did she look beautiful. Her hair was pulled up half up and half down in long soft curls and she was wearing a long silk emerald green bridesmaids dress that ended just above her ankles and had a slit up one side. 

She was stunning. When we got down the aisle and Nino and Alya were saying their vows I couldn't help but stare at Mari and think about what it would be like on our wedding day...

Alya had asked Marinette to help her in the restroom right after the ceremony and pictures finished so I made my way to the reception. I grabbed a drink and have been making small talk at the bar with the other wedding guests, when I finally spot her entering the hall from across the room. I make my way over to her and chuckle when I see that she's looking around the room for me.

Walking up right behind her, I whisper in her ear, "Looking for someone, M'Lady...?" She spins around with a big smile on her face. "Wasn't it beautiful?! They looked amazing together and the gardens were just breathtaking!" 

I laugh and nod while taking her hand and leading her to our table, "It really turned out perfect for them but if I'm being honest... I was a little distracted by how incredible you look in that dress." I don't miss the slight blush on her cheeks as we reach our table. Making her blush has recently become one of my favorite activities...

Jagged Stone and his band take the stage and Jagged's voice quickly fills the reception hall "Good evening, everyone! Please turn your attention to the dance floor and put your hands together for the happy couple!" 

Alya and Nino walk in, and everyone erupts in cheers and applause. Nino and Alya look like something out of a fairytale as he twirls her around the dance floor, her Victorian ballgown gliding with her as if she was floating. They look truly happy and lost in their love for one another... the same way I feel with Marinette at my side.

(POV Marinette)

Ever since I woke up this morning, I've been jumping from one thing to another. Between the harp player being late for the ceremony, one of the bridesmaids being hungover and cranky, and having to fix a rip in Alya's wedding dress, I felt like I was going to rip my hair out! 

But all of that changed as soon as Adrien met me to go down the aisle. It's like he grounds me... one loving look from him and the stress seemed to melt away. Pictures were torture because all I wanted to do was pull him aside and tell him about everything that happened today... and well, also kiss him too.

At the reception, we had just found our way to each other when Nino and Alya were introduced to the dance floor. Then right after Nino and Alya's first dance, Adrien had to step outside to take a work call from Nathalie.