Bonus Chapter: Adrien Say's Goodbye

A/N: Hi Guys! I felt like Adrien's goodbye needed a little chapter of its own so that we could have some understanding and closure for the Adrien/Marinette friendship... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Adrien's POV)

This is it, the day that I leave Paris forever. All of my friends and classmates have gathered at the train station to see me off. I would like to say that I am sad to leave Paris, but with all the chaos that I've had to deal with since last month – you know... whenever everyone found out that I'm Chat Noir and that my father is Hawkmoth and my father assistant got awkumatized and almost killed me... 

Not that it was Nathalie's fault, she had no idea that my dad was Hawkmoth and has been taking care of me ever since that night.

No, I honestly won't be sad to get away from the news reporters or the protestors... I will miss my friends for sure, but we will stay in touch, they can come visit me, and everyone is here to say goodbye! 

I glance around at my group of friends and realize that not everyone is actually there, "Hey Alya? Is Marinette running late? I would hate to have to leave without saying goodbye..." Alya shakes her head and hands me an envelope, "There's a lot going on with her dad right now. She wanted to be here but she can't leave him or her mom right now, but she asked me to give you that letter." I nod and put it in my jacket pocket to read on the train. 

Guilt wells up in my gut about leaving Marinette when her dad is so sick... I haven't even seen her since she left the masquerade. Ayla told me she's been focused on her family and getting her fathers health taken care of. 

She has been there for me through all of my hardships, but I can't be there for her to lean on, not with everything else going on. It feels like I'm abandoning her when she actually might need me...

"Adrien it's time to board. Our train will be leaving any moment." Nathalie walks over to the door of the train and turns, waiting for me. I turn and hug Nino and all of my friends form a giant group hug. 

"Take care of yourself, Adrien, and keep in touch! No ghosting us when you find new exciting friends." I laugh and nod, "I promise, and you can come visit me whenever you want! I'll fly you out, just say when." I break away from my group of friends and board the train. 

Once I find my seat and put my bag down, I look out of the window and wave one last goodbye to them. As the train start to move away from the station I finally take out the letter that Marinette wrote for me.

-

Dear Adrien,

I am so sorry that I couldn't say my goodbye's in person. I hope you forgive me for that... You have been my dearest friend for so many years, and I am sad that this is how our                adventure ends.

I truly hope you find the happiness, freedom, and sense of self that you have been looking for, while you travel around the world.

I hope you experience all the goodness that life has to offer you, and I hope it gives you the peace that you need. 

Your Friend,

Marinette Dupain-Cheng

-

I read it over again just to make sure I understood the tone correctly... It sounds like she's saying goodbye – like a real goodbye. As if we wouldn't be talking anymore. I sit, confused for a moment and tuck the letter back into my pocket. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into the letter... Marinette was never the best with words, so it probably doesn't mean we won't talk anymore... I'll call her once we reach our first hotel, to sort it all out.