Chapter 7: Bug and Chat Team

((Hi! Our heroes are getting closer! But so are our villains... Hope you like this chapter!)) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Marinette)

I make my way down the side stairs and start merging into the party as discretely as possible. Despite everything going against us, I can't help but to feel hopeful... We have a lot to talk about and I know that we are both very different people now, for the first time in a long time I am actually hopeful that things can work out... 

Adrien has already rejoined the party and the fashion show was in full swing with stunning models showcasing Adrien's gorgeous gowns, suits, and couture outfits down the long runway. We had cleaned up, both taking turns showering and changing. 

Him putting on another incredibly handsome suit and me slipping into one of his designs; it was a floor length gown that started at the top as a soft pink and slowly faded as it went down leaving the bottom of the dress white. It has off the shoulder sleeves and is probably one of the most elegant dresses I've ever seen let alone worn, and it fit me like a glove.

As I scan the room, I am relieved and excited to see Alya and Nino. I quickly make my way across the room to them, "Hi guys, I-"Alya throws her arms around me pulling me into a hug. "You actually came out! I haven't seen you out of that bakery in forever! Other than for game night at our place of course, but that doesn't really count. What made you want to come out?- Actually, I almost don't even care why you came because I am so excited to see you having fun for once!" 

I laugh and hug her to stop her from bouncing up and down. "Nathalie hired me to cater the deserts for tonight, so I was coming anyways... Hi Nino! Are you guys getting excited about your big day?!" Alya pulls back, immediately knowing that I am changing topics on purpose. She eyes me skeptically and I can tell that she wants to grill me for more details; the reporter in her always does. 

Thankfully, though, she lets it go for now. She will undoubtably get the full story from me when Nino isn't around... Nino though it oblivious, "We are stoked! We've got all the wedding details ironed out so all we need to do now is enjoy it all." 

He takes Alya's hand and kisses it lovingly, "This time next weekend, she will officially be my wife." I smile to myself seeing how genuinely happy and in love my best friend is as she kisses her fiancé on the cheek.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Adrien has taken to the runway and stands tall and proud in front of his guests, "I would like to thank you all for coming out tonight in support of my newest collection, 'Amitié à Paris'." Cheers echo through the gala hall as the guests celebrate Adrien's collection, "Thank you! It has been a dream of mine for many years to return to this city and pay tribute to all of my amazing friends and supporters, who- " 

The mayor and Chief Officer Rodger suddenly appear from behind the curtains and make their way down the runway to Adrien and start talking to him in hushed voices. After a moment Adrien shakes his head and is visibly shocked and angry. 

He hands the microphone to the mayor who then turns to address the crowd, "I am so sorry for the interruption everyone... It seems that there has been a breach at the maximum-security prison and Gabriel Agreste, formerly known to you all as Hawkmoth, has escaped custody."

 Gasps and murmurs travel through the gala and Alya is already on the phone with her news team, probably trying to get a camera crew here. "As far as we know, Ladybug has secured Hawkmoths Miraculous, and he is now powerless. We ask that no one panic, but that you all go home at once for your own safety."