Training

It was the day after Midoriya had witnessed Batman's incredible combat skills. He had since learned more about exactly what Batman stood for. The events of last night were still playing in his head. After witnessing the attempted sexual assault and vigilante violence, they went to the police. 'They' applies to Midoriya and the girl whom was the victim. Apparently, her name was Ochaco Uraraka. She was Midoriya's age and wanted apply to U.A. The two of them were with the police for hours. Their parents were of course called. All of which were shocked at the situation. 

The police were especially interested in another sighting of The Batman. He hadn't actually been seen since defeating the Sludge Villain, but tons of low-lifes had been found beaten to a pulp. Some of which were actually traumatized and were now afraid of the dark. The gang involved was since arrested. Although with their injuries, they were required to spend sufficient time at the hospital. 

When questioned by the police, Uraraka had opted to leave out the fact that Midoriya knew Batman. For obvious reasons, it would've caused problems. A middle schooler having connections to a known vigilante would be a major issue. 

Midoriya was walking home. He had stayed late today to clean, so the sun was almost completely set. Visuals of yesterday filled his head. And as usual, his thoughts found his way out of his mouth. "Will I have to learn to fight like that? I'd never seen something so brutal. In videos, I only ever saw All Might easily beat Villains. Granted, Batman wasn't exactly struggling. But how long did he train for? What would I be in for training under him?" Midoriya's rambling was interrupted. 

"That's an unfortunate habit, you have." Batman said. Midoriya jumped at the voice and turned around to confront it. Batman stood behind him, shielded by the shadow of a nearby building. Only his eyes and silhouette were visible. "Thinking out loud is a good way to get yourself killed." he spoke again. 

"I-I've always done that. I don't know why." Midoriya shyly explained. 

"Most likely you began to mumble your thoughts as some sort of coping method. No one ever listened when you spoke, so you began speaking your thoughts unconsciously, in the hopes that someone would acknowledge you." Batman theorized. Midoriya raised his head in realization. It made sense to him. Midoriya felt frustrated at himself, for how pathetic that sounded. He couldn't help but clench his fist. But at the same time, he felt like crying. 

As tears made their way down Midoriya's face, he felt a heavy impact. Batman had punched him in the gut. Midoriya fell to the ground, wheezing and coughing up spit. "That will be the first step of your training. You will have no time to feel sorry for yourself. You must keep moving forward. Fear and Will are going to be the building blocks of your training. So stand up, and get in." Batman coldly stated. 

"Get in?" Midoriya questioned. A loud rumbling sound could be heard. The ground shook hard as it was getting closer. Suddenly a strange looking car rounded the corner. It stopped right in front of Batman. The vehicle was black and heavily armored. Its rear tires were much larger than the front ones. Instead of a windshield, there were two windows for the driver and passenger to see out of. They were no doubt a form of ballistic glass. A hatch on the roof slid back, allowing access to the interior. Batman jumped into the driver's seat. Midoriya stood up and awkwardly climbed atop the car and into the passenger seat. 

"Where are we going, exactly?" Midoriya asked. Batman didn't answer, as he drove. With the press of a button, Midoriya's side of the windshield tinted. It was now impossible to see through. The Batmobile took a path that led underground. They were driving through an inactive subway tunnel. A large vault door opened as it detected the vehicles' unique signature, closing as they went through. Batman brought the Batmobile to a screeching halt in a larger area underground.