Divide & Conquer

A few hours before day turned to night, the Heroes and students at UA were all watching the same thing on TV. The Madam President of the Hero Public Safety Commission had scheduled a press conference. A woman with ash blonde hair stepped up to the podium.

"I'm sure you are all aware

"I'm sure you are all aware. These are trying times. A mad man has unleashed a new form of chemical weapon upon the city of Musutafu. One that has since made countless Police and Pro Heroes fall to their knees in pure terror. I ask not for your help, but for your trust...Because we will not be leaving the situation to Heroes." the Madam President said. The crowd of civilians and reporters was starting to go crazy. Incoherent questions and rants were being screamed from all angles. "Please! Let me finish." the Madam President asked. The crowd quieted down, but remained anxious. "We will not be leaving the situation to the Heroes. At the moment, the number of Heroes who have immunity to this so called 'Fear Toxin' is very low. And even through the use of gas masks, there is too much risk of exposure to rely on the Heroes. That is why...we are going to leave the situation in the hands of someone familiar with both the toxin and it's creator." the Madam President proclaimed.

A woman reporter stood up with her mic. "And who is this person, that we're all putting our trust in?!" she asked, desperately. The reporters started in once again at that.

"What if this person fails?!"

"Even All Might can't do anything?!"

The questions, comments and concerns kept rolling in. The teachers of UA sat gathered in their meeting room, watching the press conference. Aizawa rubbed his eyes in frustration. "They really did it. They're leaving it all to him." he said.

"It's hard to believe Midoriya chose not to join Batman." Midnight said.

"He feared that it would affect his place here. He made the right decision." Cementoss explained. Meanwhile, Class 1A was watching the end of the press conference in their dorm.

"Oh, man! Things are so bad they had to leave the Heroes out and rely on somebody who's an expert on Scarecrow!" Kirishima shouted, anxious.

"Well, they can't send out Heroes, just to have them exposed to the toxin." Sero said, understandably.

"Jiro wasn't even exposed, and yet...she's scared to death of how the toxin affected those around her." Shoji said. After seeing Death Arms lose all his composure, and seeing someone get hit by a truck before her very eyes, Jiro still wasn't herself. Kaminari and Yaoyorozu were with Jiro, in the infirmary. Recovery Girl had given her a sedative to relax her.

"Let's be honest...a lot of us saw things we wish we didn't." Ojiro said, grimly. Many of the students looked away or somewhat grimaced. Others with colder personalities hardly reacted.

"Scarecrow is gonna lose tonight. There is no doubt about that." Midoriya suddenly said. Some looked at him. His words seemed to change the tone of the room.