Bat-Family

Midoriya narrating:

It's the day after Scarecrow released his Fear Toxin. We made it through the night. Stain is in Police custody. He's also in the hospital, paralyzed from the neck down. The injury I inflicted upon him while we were hallucinating is permanent. The Police covered up my involvement by claiming that Eraser Head and Kamui Woods defeated him. The only evidence I was even there, was the stab wound Stain inflicted on my inner right leg. I've since sealed it with an adhesive substance Bruce gave me.

We weren't the only victims of the toxin's effects last night. Pro Heroes, Police, and several of my classmates were exposed to nightmarish hell last night. The city's Villains, of course, added to the chaos and did practically whatever they wanted. Batman spent the rest of the night trying to limit the spread of the Fear Toxin beyond the city. He was successful. But we aren't out of the woods yet. The city has all but fallen. The Heroes that can still fight have gathered to plan at UA, for its security. I sense things are going to get much worse before they get better.

End of narration:

Midoriya's eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep, and he hadn't even washed off the black eyeshadow he wears with his mask. As he finished writing in his log, someone knocked on his dorm door. "Who is it?" he asked.

"It's Uraraka. Open up." Uraraka said. Midoriya sighed and opened the door.

"What?" he asked, frustrated. She looked irritated as she pushed passed him and entered his dorm. Midoriya was annoyed, but too tired to force her out. He shut his door and yawned.

"I know you're Robin and that you work with Batman." Uraraka said. Midoriya nonchalantly sat back down at his desk chair.

"Of course you do. I wasn't wearing a mask the night we met, and I clearly knew Batman at the time." Midoriya said. Uraraka gave him a confused look.

"So you don't even care that I know?" she asked.

"You aren't a threat. There's nothing you would gain from ratting me out. Not that you ever would, because you most likely feel indebted to Batman for saving you that night. Besides, the entire staff of UA know I was Robin." Midoriya said, turning to her. Uraraka was shocked at how he seemed to perfectly understand how she thought. Then she realized what else he said.

"I...I'm made of questions right now." Uraraka said, overwhelmed. Midoriya clasped a hand over her mouth before she could start her rapid-fire questioning.

"I'm done with your questions. Leave." Midoriya calmly demanded.

"No! Scarecrow came here from Gotham, same as Batman. That means it's his mess! I'm not leaving until you tell me you two have a way to fix this!" Uraraka retorted. Midoriya was about to speak, before his phone rang. He held a finger to his mouth, signaling Uraraka to keep quiet. He picked up his phone and answered it.

"Come to the cave, immediately." Bruce ordered. And the call ended. Midoriya put his phone in his pocket and picked up a rag. He wiped the eye shadow from his eyes and moved toward the door.

"You aren't going to answer me?" Uraraka asked.

"You asked if we have a way to fix this. Where do you think I'm going?" Midoriya asked in response. He picked up a backpack with his suit and gear in it and started walking down the hall. He passed Bakugo, who was heading the other direction.

"You better make sure your boss cleans up this mess, Deku. It's his fault it got this bad in the first place." Bakugo said, quietly. His comment made Midoriya stop for a moment before walking again. Shortly after, it was noticed that Midoriya was gone. But the teachers did not panic.