Not Alone

"So, you're finally returning to Gotham City, huh?" Midoriya said.

"This was never supposed to be permanent, Izuku. I came to investigate why so many of my enemies had come here. It took time, and there were many setbacks. But it's finally time to return to my city." Bruce explained. The two of them were in the penthouse of Bruce's private building. Dick and Tim came into the room.

"It's time for us to get back to where we belong." Dick said.

"Has anyone checked on Barbara?" Tim asked, curiously.

"Barbara is fine. The plane got off the ground without any issues. She's waiting on the private jet as we speak." Bruce said. Barbara had been overseeing the transport of Batman's recently captured enemies, by plane. Those that hadn't been returned to Gotham yet, would be soon. Specifically: Joker, Penguin, Bane, Killer Croc and Scarecrow. All of the Bat-Family were dressed in their snotty rich-people clothes. Much of the famous Wayne Family would be flying home and they had to look the part, for the media. Bruce turned back to Midoriya. "You will be the only Wayne left in Japan. Keep up with your training and work hard to achieve your goals." Bruce said, seriously.

"I can handle myself. You know that." Midoriya said, confidently. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms. "Now, are you going to tell me how you defeated Scarecrow, or not?" Midoriya asked.

Flashback:

Batman had tracked down Scarecrow's location. He had decided to handle it himself, since the others had already done their part. After infiltrating Scarecrow's hideout, Batman incapacitated the few guards he had. He calmly walked down a set of metal stairs, to Scarecrow. "It's over, Crane." Batman proclaimed. Scarecrow turned around to meet his voice.

"Oh...Batman. Of course those other fools wouldn't have what it takes to defeat you." he said, calmly. Batman approached Scarecrow on foot. He grabbed the side of his head and slammed him into a computer screen. Scarecrow was on the ground, on all fours. He seemed fine, despite the injury. "Unfortunately for you, Batman, I have already planned for your intrusion. Nomu!" Scarecrow yelled. A Nomu emerged from a metal cell, on the catwalk above. It jumped down and landed behind Batman, at great speed. Batman threw down a smoke bomb, but the Nomu blitzed through the smoke and grabbed him.

'I didn't pick up its heat signature with my detective mode. It must be some kind of reanimated corpse!' Batman deduced. The Nomu began squeezing Batman. It applied just enough force that he wouldn't instantly die but still couldn't breathe.

"This is courtesy of an ally of mine. A local who also wishes to defeat All Might, and end this sham we call 'Hero Society'. You may have defeated the others. You may even have some resistance to my Fear Toxin. But with the Nomu's great strength and multiple quirks at its disposal, you stand no chance against it. Enjoy your slow death, Batman." Scarecrow said, ominously. Batman continued to struggle before activating his remote control for the Batmobile. It bursted through the wall, heading straight for Scarecrow. "Nomu!" Scarecrow screamed, in panic.

The Nomu quickly turned around and stopped the heavily armored Batmobile, with one hand. It kept Batman in its grasp, with the other. The Batmobile's 60mm cannon emerged and fired a few shots into the Nomu's right arm, blowing it off. Batman fell to the ground, now free. He struggled to breathe and coughed up blood. Nevertheless, Batman got on his feet. 'I need to get away... Don't fall... Don't lose...' Batman thought. The Nomu's severed arm regenerated itself. Batman barely made it two steps away, before the Nomu slammed its fists down on the Batmobile, crushing it.

"Stop him, Nomu!" Scarecrow yelled. The Nomu casually threw the Batmobile at Batman, with one hand. Batman saw his car hurling at him, and for a second, everything around him blurred. Then everything became clear, and he realized he was on the other side of the room. His expression turned to one of both relief and annoyance.