Vengeance

Eraser Head lay in the middle of the road. The rain poured down on him from above. Much of his body was beaten and broken. His eyes wanted desperately to close, to rest. The sound of the rain was all he heard. He wasn't dying, but he had once again failed to avenge those that he intended to. "So that's how it is, Batman...(chuckles) Guess you win..." Eraser Head said.

An expensive super car skidded to a stop in front of the police station. Bruce Wayne stepped out of the driver's seat. The rain poured on his high-quality suit as he walked in the building. He took in his surroundings and approached the man at the front desk. "My name is..."

"Bruce Wayne!" the man interrupted. "Yeah, I know who you are. Just about the richest American in Japan, at the moment. How can I help you?" he asked.

"I got a call about an intern of mine, Izuku Midoriya." Bruce replied. The receptionist's eyes widened.

"He was serious! He really did know Bruce Wayne! Looks like I lost that bet..." he said.

"I demand to know why Izuku has been arrested." Bruce began, now irritated.

"You mean they didn't tell you? The kid wasn't arrested. He was giving a statement because he...uh...." The man leaned forward and spoke quietly. "He found his mother murdered this afternoon." he said. Images began flashing in Bruce's mind. He also began hearing voices that he hadn't heard in years. He saw himself at eight years old. His parents were with him. They were walking to their car from a movie. His father, Thomas, decided they should take a shortcut through an alley. An armed man approached them from the dark.

Bruce stumbled back, clenching his head. He tried to stop the cycle of memories flashing in his mind. "Whoa. Are you alright?" the receptionist asked. Bruce just barely began to regain his composure.

"Where's Izuku?" he asked.

"He's seated with a few officers. We didn't think he should be left alone...You know, your the only person he said we could call. His mother was the only family he had...It's a damn tragedy." the receptionist answered.

"May I speak with him?" Bruce asked.

"Sure but.." Bruce began walking back to the other officers. "You're going to have to sign a few things before we release him to you! It's the law, sir! Even for billionaires!" the receptionist called out. As Bruce reached the area, Midoriya was nowhere to be seen.

"Can I help you sir?" an officer asked.

"Izuku Midoriya. Where is he?" Bruce asked, out of patience.

"He asked to use the bathroom. Another officer is showing him the way." the officer replied. Just then, an officer walked through two doors. He was bleeding. It looked as though he had hit his head. The other officers all stood up. "What happened to you?" one asked.

"That Midoriya kid...Said he had to use the bathroom and slammed my damn head into a wall." the bloody officer said.

"The kid just lost his mother. Who knows what's going on in his head?" another officer chimed in.

"Well we can't just let it slide. Set up a two block perimeter! He couldn't have gotten far on foot!" one ordered. He turned back to Bruce. "Look, I'm sorry sir. You probably came here to pick him up, but as you can see, things just got complicated." he apologized.

"I'm going after him." Bruce simply stated. As he turned around, the officer grabbed Bruce's arm.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, sir. We're setting up a two block perimeter around the station. I'm telling you, we'll have him back here in a moment." the officer explained.

"And I'm telling you, by now, that kid has covered a lot more ground than that. I'll be back when I can to sign for him at reception." Bruce said.

Midoriya stood atop a warehouse. He wore his Robin suit and gear. The image of his mother continued to flash in his head. He imagined the scenario the cops believed had happened. The thought of his terrified mother being chased around their apartment by The Joker...It haunted him.