{Chapter Six}

The next morning, bright and early at seven AM, you could hear the sound of everyone's alarms sounding off. It was extremely annoying, especially since I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. 

Instead of protesting, I got dressed in practice gear. I decided to try something new, since I can't wear my jacket. Compression sleeves. They cover all the scars. I don't have to see them and no one else has to know what I've gone through. 

Kuroo met me outside the 2nd year room. 

"How'd you sleep?" 

"Fine, I guess." I shrugged. Three hours of sleep is gonna be great for today. 

"Let's head to breakfast. We're gonna need it, it's going to be a long ass day." Kuroo started to head to the door with his practice bag. I grabbed mine and caught up with him and Bokuto at the front of the building. 

"Hey, did you get any sleep last night? You were out here pretty late" Bokuto asked me. He didn't realize Kuroo didn't know I did that.

"What?" Kuroo looked confused as fuck. 

"Yeah, I just needed some air. And yes Bokuto, I got sleep." I rolled my eyes. They dropped the conversation and we headed to breakfast. 

*~*

Once training actually started, I took my jacket off and put the sleeves on. 

All the teams gathered around the whiteboard with today's game plan on it. I saw we were up against Fukurodani first this morning. Yay, I get to deal with Bokuto. *Insert eye roll*

Our coaches got us set up on the court with Shinzen acting as refs. I took my spot next to Kuroo and waited. 

"Relax, we've done this before." Kuroo whispered. I didn't realize how tensed up I was. 

You're going to fail. 

Weak

Pathetic

I just tried to ignore them, took a deep breath, and got ready to play. 

*~*

During our second set we were in a tie game. My main focus was tricking the other team. And I'm gonna say I was doing a good job, because Bokuto has been in what Akaashi calls his 'emo mode'. Watching him get annoyed every time he blocks the wrong person is sort of satisfying though, gotta admit. 

"Keep them coming Kenma, just a few more." Kuroo huffed out. I just nodded in response. Our whole team was hot and out of breath, at this point it was a waiting game of who ran out of energy first. 

Your team is going to hate you if you're the reason they lose this set. 

You're the worst setter ever. 

I just kept my focus on setting and not receiving. Well…I was. I think Bokuto figured me out because he sent a spike in my general area, forcing me to receive it. I tried to receive it in a way that would just set it up for a direct hit, but I ended up fucking it up giving the other team an easy chance ball. 

Oh, you did it now. 

"Fuck…" I mumbled under my breath. 

"Shake it off, I bet he's going to send down more, so get ready for them." Kuroo said as their setter was setting it up. As Kuroo expected, Bokuto tried it again. Instead of setting it up I just dove and dug it out. That was our best chance to get a point, even if I didn't set it. 

Instead of someone else setting it, Tora went for a direct. My body relaxed when I heard the ball hit the floor. 

Don't mess up again.