{Chapter Seven}

Kuroo and I woke up to the other third years talking and trying to figure out why I was in there in the first place. 

“Why’s Kenma in here?” Yaku asked when he noticed we were awake.

“We were up playing Pokemon and both ended up falling asleep in the process.” Kuroo made up an excuse for us.

“And you didn’t invite me to play?” Yaku joked around. Kuroo just laughed and rolled his eyes. I chose to ignore it. 

“Go get ready, I’ll meet you outside.” 

“Okay…see you out there.” I said quietly. I grabbed my things and dragged them back to the 2nd year dorm room. 

“Where were you?” Tora asked as I walked in the door.

“3rd year dorm.” I replied as I set my stuff down and went to get my things for today.

“Awe, what were you two love birds doing over there, hm?" He teased. Fukunaga gave a small laugh as he listened in on the conversation. Does everyone think me and Kuroo are together? Not that I’d mind but…I guarantee Kuroo would.

Wait till Kuroo hears that one, he’ll be so pissed.

“Fell asleep playing Pokemon. Also, no, me and Kuroo are not a thing.” I shut the whole thing down.

“It was a joke, Kenma. I know you’re not.” He reassured. I just ignored it and continued to get ready. Once I was, I grabbed my practice bag and water bottle and headed outside to meet Kuroo.

“Hey, hey, hey, how’s it goin’ Kenma?” Bokuto was out there as well, standing next to Kuroo who was on his phone.

Probably texting his significant other, and it’s not and never will be you.

It’s goin’.” I replied. I just started walking off to the cafeteria without bothering to wait for anyone. Kuroo and Bokuto weren’t too far behind me. 

I sat my stuff down at our usual table and headed to the line to get something to eat. I wasn’t in the mood to fight over it.

“You good?” Kuroo snuck up behind me. Jesus fuck I hate that. 

“Tired, but yeah. For the moment anyways.” I replied. I grabbed some fruit and an energy drink. I was not getting through the day without one.

Once we sat down, Bokuto was already on me about the energy drink.

“You know you shouldn’t be drinking that before practicing. “

“I’m not making it through without one. Kuroo and I were up all night playing Pokemon.” I rolled with the lie Kuroo had come up with. Bokuto had a somewhat confused look on his face.

“Yeah, I had some Pokemon that needed traded to evolve, so we were doing that.” Kuroo sat down next to me.

“Nerds.” Bokuto laughed a bit.

“Ignore him, he’s never played a Pokemon game in his life, so he doesn’t know how fun they are.” Kuroo whispered. 

“Hey, I’ve played before. It’s been awhile, but still!” He defended himself. I just laughed a bit.

*~*

The day was pretty boring, we won most of our matches, watched Karasuno get their asses handed to them, and now it was the end of the night. I decided to join in on the extra practice tonight just for fun. 

I was just setting for Hinata and Tsukishima. Akaashi, Bokuto, and Kuroo were trying to teach them how to get through powerful blocks. Tsukishima wasn't doing too bad. Hinata though…he's got some work to do. 

About an hour into just doing this over and over, Kuroo was ready to leave. Something was off though. 

He wanted to leave without me. Kuroo said he just wanted a chance to be alone. 

See, he's getting sick of you. 

I let it go and stayed and kept sending sets. I wanted to chase after Kuroo though. 

*~*

I walked back to the dorm house with Bokuto. 

"Is…is kuroo okay?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't he be?" Bokuto replied. 

"Just…he never wants to be alone, so I'm worried."

He just wanted to get away from you.

"If he wasn't okay I'm sure he'd tell you. You guys are closer than any friends I've ever seen." He reassured me. I just nodded. 

I got my stuff together for a shower and was so ready to get all this sweat off me. 

Why not add more cuts while you're alone?

You don't deserve anything you have. 

You're a freak. 

Cut

Kill yourself. 

I couldn't help myself. I grabbed the small blade I had hidden in my bag and then went over to the showers. 

No one was in here, but even if someone did come in, the showers are separated by walls and a curtain. I turned the water on to the point it felt like hell. I stood there, still sort of debating on doing it or not. 

Cut

Bleed

Worthless

I held the knife there at my wrist. 

Kuroo doesn't care

I dragged it over my old scars as I let the water hit it and the others I made on both arms. 

Deeper

I cut deep enough that I wouldn't bleed out, need help, or need stitched up. I went until I had probably 20 new cuts on each arm. I stood there, crying, hating myself. I promised Kuroo I would stop, but here I am. 

Once the bleeding stopped and I was done showering, I dried off and got dressed. I wrapped my arms in a light layer of bandages that would easily be covered by my sleeves. 

After I was done with that, I plugged my phone in and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't though. All I was thinking about was Kuroo.

Word Count;944