✧ ≪ 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙻𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝙰𝚄 ≫ ✧

// UPDATE: 09/30/22: Claimed by AspenLovesRoleplay //

An AU where Sabre is a ghost who haunts Orange's (Crystal's) dream, but it didn't quite go too well....

At the start of the story, it was normal, but Sabre never really came in Rainbow Quest or just never walk in. This AU focused on Orange Steve who is an insomniac on working over some buildings for his kingdom. He is friends with Red Steve still, different but are in good terms.

While working around in the Orange Kingdom, Orange started hearing some music. It wasn't really music from a flute or guitar, it was more like it came from a music box. At first Orange didn't really think much about it, but as the music gotten louder and louder until Orange can fully hear it, he was getting drowsy.

Funny noticed that Orange was getting a bit sloppy on his work, he decided to check up on him, only to see that he collapsed on the ground while dropping his tools as well. Which made Funny panicked and called for help.

Orange was dreaming, it looked real but at the same time, it isn't.

He was in a field, there isn't a lot of flowers, the trees were surrounding the field, plus everything was all monochrome. Just dull white, black and grey colors everywhere. He wasn't alone though, there was someone with him. A boy who had medium length hair, wearing a feather like poncho, long sleeve and soft sweater and sweat pants with laced shoes. He doesn't have a face, or at least, Orange couldn't see his face. It was just a blur when he tries to remember it.

The boy in his dream called himself "Sabre", and he said that he was Orange's best friend since the start, Sabre even called him "Marigold" for some reason. Maybe it was for the dream, so Orange decided to go along with it.

Orange soon woke up in the night and was introduced being in his room, along with Funny, Shy and the Leader being there. All were worried about him ever since he passed out in the afternoon and thought he was drained and forced himself to work. Orange didn't know, maybe it was the music that made him pass out, again he didn't think much of it.

As days passed for Orange, it kept on repeating. Every time Orange would hear the soft chimes of a music box he would feel himself getting tired and soon pass out and wake up out of nowhere. It would happen randomly as well, it was like a curse to stay asleep but wake up to a random time. It was getting out of hand for Orange, but to the Orange steves it was concerning to the point that the Leader had to put Orange for a stop and rest up in his house for a while.

Even to Red Steve, one moment Red Steve went inside to get something for Orange then the second he got out of his house Orange was now on the ground unconscious. Orange did told Red Steve about the music box chimes, the dreams, and Sabre, but still doesn't know why it kept happening.

It was possible that a spirit could've made themselves connected to Orange but why and how?

Orange even told the Leader, and the Leader suggested that he should maybe cut connections with that Sabre kid.

Oh boy did he made a mistake.

Orange was now dreaming, he then proceeded with his plan to make Sabre stop playing with him. Sabre only stood in shook, asking Orange if he was joking while he sounded a bit broken. Eventually this led to Orange to snap at Sabre to leave him alone and stormed off, Sabre only stood on the field for a bit, clenched his fists and bolted to Orange and launched at him.

Orange thought the in the dream he couldn't be hurt, but as Sabre decided to launch at him and started to choke him, it felt real. He was actually suffocating, he was getting lightheaded, until he woke up in shock by Shy.