░ . 🦋 . Chapter Sixteen

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻Snow Stricken Darkness

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
Snow Stricken Darkness

⊱ ───ஓ๑༺♰༻๑ஓ ─── ⊰

The funeral had come in November, when the snow fell and just barely stuck to their lids. Amaris was to be buried with Aiyanna's parents; she saw it fit because her parents enjoyed the look of the snow. Knowing that soon enough, the time would come that they would all get together and enjoy Christmas as they had for years. But now, that same tradition would fall, there would be no-more caroling, no-more homemade foods, no more all curling up around the Christmas tree and fireplace telling stories that they had told many years before a million and a half different times. It would all change, for better or for worse? No-one could tell.

Epione slipped on her black dress, it was simple and yet held a sewn in butterfly thanks to what handy skills she did have. She knew how hard the others had taken to the deaths of their family members, she knew she would have to step up and hug them, care for them in time of need. But she also knew that with time she would have to give that push to get them back to their feet, and that — she did not look forward to it. She felt someone standing behind her, turning and she found Kevins green eyes. He looked slightly sad, his hair pulled back into a low ponytail and was dressed in a dark suit.

"Are you alright?" She asked, turning and facing him as she took a few steps to him and reached up carefully fixing his slightly crooked tie. He let out a breath, that sounded like a partial chuckle as he watched her movements.

"Am I alright? I should be asking you that." He says, she shook her head a bit.

"You're a people person, Kev." She looks up, blinking a few times as he smiles a little and brushes a few locks of her long raven hair from out of her face. He cups her cheeks, placing a kiss on her forehead, appreciative of her worry. "An empath if you will." Her voice was soft.

"Ah... So you've seemed to figure me out more than I know myself." Her face heated up a bit, her eyes looking away for a moment before looking back up at him through her lashes.

"No... I just..." He smiled at her flusteredness.

"It's alright... Maybe that's a good thing." He lets go of her face and takes one of her hands in his own. Leading her from out of her room, her 1-inch heels softly clicked against the floor as she trailed behind him. Aj stood at Brooklynn's side, she was dressed in a slightly above floor-length dress that held hues of grays, lace detailing above it. A black partial peacoat was buttons over top and just below her chest. She had a lace parasol in the hand that wasn't holding onto Aj's arm that rested closed. Epione had recognized the dress rather quickly, a soft sad smile came to her lips.

Aiyanna walked down the few steps, Howie following behind her. She wore a knee-length dress with small crystals attached to the bottom, her hair was pulled back and a few strands framed her face. It was honestly shocking to see Aiyanna in such a simple dress/outfit compared to normal.