~18~

K I'm done with death T/Ws, no death in this chapter, this is the last chapter. It might not make sense till the sequel

Also ik I said I was gonna write a few more chapters after this but I don't really know what to do with it (the actual story) anymore so-

If this chapter felt rushed it's because it was and I want to start the sequel

Grian blinked open his eyes, frowning at the sudden brightness. Where the hell am I? Hadn't he just been kind of bleeding out while Mumbo was telling him he was gonna be fine?

Glancing around, he realised that he was in a small box-like room with no entrance or exit, and the walls were completely white. What on Earth...

"Grian?" A voice asked, sounding incredulously. He spun around to see Scott staring at him with a confused expression. "Where are we?" His friend asked.

"I don't know." He paused. "Are we dead?" Grian asked the cyan haired man quietly.

"I think so. I mean, I'm pretty sure I got stabbed in the head, so-" Scott let out a snort of laughter, glancing around. "No idea what this place is though."

"Wait, aren't you guys dead?" Grian's gaze flicked to Jimmy, who had appeared nearby somehow and was staring at them on shock.

"I don't know. That's what we're trying to figure out, Jimmy." Grian said with an awkward smile, and Scott nodded with a slightly cold smile.

"Jimmy."

"Scott." Jimmy said with a nervous laugh, avoiding the cyan haired man's gaze.

"Am I missing something here?" Grian asked slowly, glancing between the two.

"Yep. Jimmy is Piscis- I figured that one out a while ago, Jimmy-" Scott added as the dark blonde stared at him with wide eyes. "-and he just killed me. At least, I think I'm dead." Wait, Jimmy's Piscis?

His gaze flicked to his friend, who looked incredibly uncomfortable. "In my defence, I had no idea that you two were Aeor and Avis. And I'm really sorry." Jimmy mumbled, staring at the ground.

"You aren't exactly forgiven but I'm too confused to be mad at you right now, so..." Grian let out a small, slightly awkward laugh as he glanced around the room again.

"Is this like, the afterlife or something?" Scott asked, clearly avoiding responding to Jimmy's apology.

Grian could hear a laugh from behind them. "No, Mr Major, this isn't the afterlife. You could call it... the inbetween. A middle ground between the two choices you have to make." The three turned around to see a hooded figure with dark purple and gold robes, large feathered wings, a white halo and a tuft of black hair poking out from under the hood.

Jimmy and Scott stared while Grian simply frowned. Do I know this guy?

The man turned to him with a small smile. "No, you don't know me, Mr Gotts. You can call me... a Watcher." He mumbled something that sounded like it started with the letter 'T' before continuing. "I'm, like, basically God. I manage lives and second chances." The.... 'Watcher'... bragged.

"Wait, second chances?" Scott asked quietly, seemingly the only one who had picked up on the last part of the Watcher's sentence.

"Correct. I've been sent by the others-" kinda ominous, but okay- "to present you three with a choice. A choice that not everybody gets, so you're very lucky." The god added grandly, in the sort of tone that a parent uses to tell their child to be grateful for what they have.

"What's the choice?" Jimmy and Grian asked at the same time, exchanging a glance.

"Oh, that. You see..." The Watcher left a dramatic pause, grinning. "You have the choice to wake up in a world where this was all an incredibly elaborate dream, or you can be reborn as somebody else- with a similar appearance- with different powers and only some of your memories. The choice is yours."

Grian noticed Scott frown before speaking up. "That's incredibly vague. For example, would we start over from birth or be the same age? Would that person already have lived a life and we would be taking over their body or would they just appear when we get reborn?"

"You'd be the same age and they'd just appear." The Watcher informed him, sounding bored. "On that incredibly vague note, I'll leave you to figure this out. You basically just think about your decision and it... happens? I'm not quite sure how it works." The man shrugged and then flickered out of sight, completely vanishing.

Jimmy glanced at the other two. "Any idea what that was about?"

Grian shook his head, zoning out slightly as Scott started listing something he couldn't understand. It would be nice to leave it all behind... there's a lot of problems with our world. But also I don't want to leave my friends behind... Mumbo, Scar, Ren, Pearl, BDubs, BigB... the list kind of goes on. Why is this so hard?! He glanced sideways at Jimmy, who was saying something excitedly and was speaking so fast that Grian couldn't quite understand him.

Watcher, I've made my decision.

Yes this ending was rushed, sorry if it's badly written but oh well

Also I feel like it would hurt my s o u l to keep Grian, Scott and Jimmy as dead characters so I felt like this was a partial resolution to my inner turmoil while deciding what to do with them

But like they could just choose to wake up in a different world

Who k n o w s

Sorry again for the rushed ending but I didn't plan this chapter out very well so there you go

Also sorry that it's shorter than usual (again, I was trying to get it finished incredibly quickly so I can start the sequel)

This is the end of the story, ima start writing the sequel, hope you enjoyeddd :D

I'll try and get the sequel out today or tomorrow