Chapter 30- I'm Alive

CARTER

I am going to kill him.

How dare he disrespect her like this, causing her so much anxiety and pain to the point she literally becomes sick. He has seen her sick before, she is extremely sensitive to this stuff because of her gift.

Pulling her into me, we sit on the ground against the wall of the empty classroom. I wrap my arms around her shoulders as she leans her head against my chest.

Her torso is much shorter than mine, giving a good space between our heads touching. She catches her breathing and tries to control it.

I rub her arms softly trying to comfurt her. The best I can do for now.

What I really want to do is bash Soran's skull in until he drops dead, but that will have to wait. Sarah needs me right now.

Sarah, my beautiful girl. Not my girl right now, but hopefully she will be. I think I love her, like really love her.

Her brown eyes hypnotize me everytime I look at her. She has this intense stare that only she has for me. I have noticed it a couple of times before.

I remember when I first met her. She stepped out of her dad's car one morning and never even looked at me until someone mentioned that I was there. The second she looked, she captured me.

Her eyes darted from my face to me feet and back up, I think she was judging my sense of style. She never even made eye contect with me, but I saw her eyes.

When she eats ice cream- vanilla, her nose scrunches up into a cute little button. The lines around her eyes crinkle and make a V shape.

Her lips are my favorite feature of her face. Sara's lips are fine line. Comparing them to others' not very full and vibrant, but they suit her like no other.

That first kiss, the kiss of my life. Sitting in my car, her lips on mine as I try to comprehend what I had been thinking about all night.

Of course with the news of her knowing about my father and what I told her about him, I was mad. Hell, I was angry, but I couldn't be mad. She is such a sweet and kind soul- wanting to fix everybody no matter the cost of her body.

Her pouty lips right before the most heated I have been in a while, reminds me of the fantasies I have of her mouth. What else can they do? Make me feel?

I hate seeing her cry. The salty tears drip onto my crossed arms before sliding to the floor.

Instantly regretting my selfish thoughts I console her, "it's alright."

She turns her head and face me, her elbow rubs agaisnt my best friend, and I struggle to keep a straight face. "Sorry," her face redens when she realizes what she did.

"Fine," words can't form as I think of that feeling again.

She takes her arms from under me and places them at her sides. We stare at each other for a moment while I take in the beaty of her eyes once more.

Her long lashes darker than before becasue of the tears caused by her brother flicker in the light. The glossy stain, disappears before me, now a little red.

"Did Becky leave?" she asks.

I nod, "she left to get you some water, she'll be back soon."

She nods her head, and lays it against my shoulder wrapping her arms around my neck. I breathe in her scent, making me feel more att eaze.

BECKY

I grab the water bottle from Sarah's backpack and take her notebook too. I walk out of the classroom and head back to the one I left Carter and sarah in.