Chapter. 2

Cloud Recesses is enveloped in a blanket of mist and greenery , making it appear as a floating Immortal realm . All elegant and quiet  except the twittering of birds , flowing waters of the back hills and lake and the melodious tune of the second young master's Guqin .

All days are usually the same in cloud recesses.  They flow according to the schedule and 3000 rules of lans .

But somehow, today is turning into chaos. Wangji guesses that with elder lans walking fast with almost invisible frowned face towards his uncles room. 

He avoids political matters of clan . His brother will take care of it. So, he continues to practice his songs on guqin. 

---- LQR's Office--- 
Every Lan elder with LXC is expecting to see Lan Qiren soon because,  one moment meetings are not Lan Qiren's style except  its emergencies .

Lan Qiren comes in to address every elder and sits to start the meeting they were here for .

"A letter came from Yunmeng Jiang. It states  the  marriage proposal for Wei wuxian and Our Wangji " Xichen gasps that his brother hadn't showed his interest in martial things yet . It looked like his brother would follow in the footsteps of their uncle.  

Moreover,how can Wangji marry and adjust to 13 years old ?

"It's good , I have heard of that boy . He is jiuweihu. It is really good for our clan . It's like a golden opportunity, Qiren . We shouldn't miss it . If not us, then I am sure Jiang's will go to Nie's. " many Lan elders agreed with Lan Hong, who was Lan Qiren's distinct elder cousin .

Lan Qiren considers his point but he still knows his nephew is a distinctive person.  He doesn't know if his nephew can handle a marriage .

But at the same time, he is concerned about that jiuweihu. Who is targeted by Jins and Wens .

No matter what, but Lan clan or his nephew will never mistreat that boy and will keep him safe.  He is grateful to Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian for acknowledging this and offering them their precious miracle,  the reason for their growth .

"I agree with you , Elders . It's beneficial for both clans , a tie between Yunmeng Jiang and Gusu Lan would be great . Also, having the moon goddess blessing with us will just honor us " Lan Qiren says .

"Uncle,  he is 13 ..a child . how can Wangji marry him?"Xichen asks .

"Sometimes it's not us, but fate is one to decide " Qiren reasons to him. 

"It's all okay . I agree this marriage is a good thing, but think about that 13-year-old child . We are snatching his childhood and the home that he was raised in . I know one day he will have to do that, but at the right age he will understand that . But at this age, I don't agree with marriage . Betrothal would be nice . Why so rush " Lan Mei states her point.  She loves the idea of jiuweihu marrying their heir, but that jiuweihu is a child with zero knowledge of what marriage is , what husband and wife , what love is . 

Murmurs spread in the room . 

" No one is neglecting the child ". Lan Qiren's voice makes them stop fussing about the kid .

"There are certain leaders forcing themselves on Yunmeng Jiang to get their hand on Jiuweihu. Yunmeng Jiang needed to protect him . If Wei Wuxian gets married in our clan. He will have freedom to stay at his home, Yunmeng Jiang, till he is of age to take control of his marriage or when he decides to stay at, Gusu . He will be free to come and go in Cloud recesses. No one would ever  force him . In this situation, we will be able to give Wei Wuxian full security and freedom of his childhood " Lan Mei happily agrees. So do others.