Chapter Six: Ulquiorra and Orihime

"U.....Ulquiorra?"

Orihime was surprised no not surprised she was in shock. There was no way that he was here. She had watched this man die by Ichigo's hand. But here he was this man that looked so much like her fourth espada like her Ulquiorra. She didn't know what to do never mind that she could hardly breath. She could feel her body shaking as she looked at him. His face was the same only without the tear markings and he still had the green eyes that could look into her very soul. Oh how she wanted to believe that this was her Ulquiorra and that the world wasn't playing a cruel joke on her.

"Are you scared of me woman?" he asked

That made her jump. There was only one person who sounded like that. Only one person who called her woman and only one person who had ever asked her if she was afraid. This was him. This man was her fourth espada her Ulquiorra. She believed now but was afraid that if she touched him he would turn to dust once more and disappear from her life once more. But she had to take the chance she had to feel that he was really right in front of her. That the world wasn't playing such a horrible joke on her. She reached out a trembling hand and laid it against his pale cheek and started to cry. He hadn't disappeared.

"I'm not scared." Orihime whispered

Ulquiorra closed his eyes when he felt her touch. It was as warm as he remembered. He was happy with the way she answered the question from long ago. She wasn't afraid of him just like she wasn't afraid of him back then. He put his hand over hers and open his eyes to see her tear stained face. But instead of sadness he saw relief, happiness, and love. He curled his hand around the one on his cheek and brought it to his chest bringing her closer to him. Orihime griped his shirt as he let go of her hand to place it on her cheek. Ulquiorra bent down and Orihime stood on her tip toes to meet him half way. In that moment in that time they shared their first kiss of many more to come.

When Ulquiorra straighten from the kiss he smiled for her and in return got one back. The Orihime that had disappeared when he supposedly died was back in that moment and he planned to keep it that way. Orihime took his hand and pulled him inside her apartment so they wouldn't get sick. She was so happy he wasn't dead and that he was there with her but she was worried. How did he survive? How did he get here? What if the soul society came and took him away from her? And how in the world did he get a gigai?

Ulquiorra could read the questions and the worries in her eyes like an open book. He knew she would have questions and that she would worry for all the right reasons. He decided it was time to put his woman's mind at ease.