ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖: ℙ𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕥

Aurelia Gilbert walked into the kitchen as her Aunt Jenna looked at her older sister Elena, who was only older than her by eight months "Toast, I can make toast"

Aurelia came up beside her "It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna"

Jeremy her little brother came in "is there coffee?" Aurelia smiles and pours some into a cup for him.

He smiles at her "Thanks A."

She smiles back at him while pouring her own cup. "you're welcome Jer"

Jenna looks between the three of them "Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?"

Aurelia chuckles at her "No thanks I'm good, Aunt Jenna"

Elena shakes her head "I'm good" Jeremy takes the money from her and Elena looks at her "Don't you have a big presentation today?"

Jenna nods "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at..." She looks at her watch "Now. Crap!"

Aurelia turns to her "Go on then, we will be fine Aunt Jenna" She nods and walks out of the kitchen.

Elena looks at Jeremy "You okay?" but he rolls his eyes "Don't start." then he walks out of the kitchen then Elena sighs looking at her younger sister "Why doesn't he get that way with you"

The younger Gilbert smiles at her older sister sympathetically "I don't baby him, Lena, I give him space and let him grieve in his own way" she sighs again "You need a ride?"

Aurelia shakes her head "No Caroline is picking me up" Elena nods at her "I'll see you at school then" Elena walks out.

Aurelia runs back upstairs and grabs her bag for school and her duffle bag for cheer practice after school. She runs back downstairs locking the door on her way out she climbs into her best friend Caroline Forbes' car the blonde similes sympathetically at her "Oh sweetie how are you? I know it's been a rough summer"

She smiles over at her "I miss them every day but I'm getting there and it would probably have been more traumatic if I had been in the car like Lena was but I'm okay"

The blonde smiles "I'm happy to hear that El so are you coming to practice?"

The Gilbert girl smiles at her best friend "Of course, I am Care you'd kill me if I missed practice"

The blonde laughs "True"

They both laugh as Caroline parks in the parking lot of the school "Well then come on El let's go" Aurelia chuckles grabbing her bags from the back seat Caroline loops her arm through Aurelia's and the two walk into the school together.

Aurelia and Caroline walk up to Bonnie and Elena, Aurelia smiles hugging Bonnie the Bennett girl smiles at her "It's good to see you El" Caroline looks at the elder Gilbert sister "Elena. Oh, my god." then she hugs her. "How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you." then she looks at Bonnie "How is she? Is she good?"

Aurelia chuckles at her best friend's antics as Elena looks at the blonde "Caroline, I'm right here. And I'm fine. Thank you." Caroline looks at her "Really?" she nods "Yes. Much better."

"Oh, you poor thing." Caroline hugs her again. "Okay, Caroline."

Caroline smiles at them "Oh! Okay, see you guys later?" Aurelia smiles "Later guys" Bonnie nods smiling at the two"OK! Bye!" Caroline loops her arm back through Aurelia's once again and the two walk away.

The blonde and brunette separate into their different classes Aurelia has History first while Caroline has a different class.

Aurelia rolls her eyes only half listening to Tanner droning on as she texts Caroline "Once our home state of Virginia joined the confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union."