CHAPTER V

•the banquet hall•
Viserra's POV :

I looked around the grande hall filled with many powerful Lord's and Lady's. I saw the banner of house Lannister, Stark, Frey, Baratheon and many more.

It seems Viserys really did go all out for his new child. I searched around the room for anyone in my family that I could go and converse with. I didn't see the point in talking to the other Lords and Lady's of houses. They are just bothersome.

I stopped searching as I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned to face them and it was Alicent I believe. She had dark chestnut hair with a hint of ginger and was adored in a forest green dress. Interesting choice of colour. Targaryens usually adored themselves in dull but powerful colours like black and grey. Maybe she didn't get the memo.

She continued to stare at me.

I'm starting to believe Daemons comments of her being a whore, as she clearly has no manners. I finally met her gaze. I watched as her face twisted into one of disgust. I wonder why she was being so rude.

When suddenly Viserys came over to her and patted her back. Before following his wife's gaze right to me.

"Ahh my dear sister. I was just looking for you" He said before walking over to me and embracing me. The hug was awkward and I did not return it.

"Viserys." I replied with a nod.

Before Alicent came over. She looked at me up and down. Almost judgementally. Before she started to speak to me it seemed.

"His grace." Was all she said whilst staring at me.

"Sorry?" I questioned back not sure what she meant by that.

"He is your king. You should address him as one." She said said with some spite.

"Oh don't be silly Alicent, Viserra is my dear little sister. She can address me however she wants." Viserys spoke whilst smiling at me.

I kept a straight face whilst talking to them both. Daemon was right she really is a bore. I don't feel entertained at all. I signed quietly. Alicent seemed to notice this. Viserys how ever did not.

"If you excuse me I must go talk to Lord Bolton." He said whilst handing his goblet of wine to his wife.

"You are so very disrespectful to your king." Alicent spat.

"Well you are so very disrespectful to me. Staring at me from across the room I don't know if you knew this whore. But that tends to be considered rude." I said with spite back.

She gasped at my words. Before we were both suddenly surrounded by other Lady's from the other houses congratulating the new queen on her joy of being pregnant.

I could tell half of these people hated her to. After all she just replied with simple thank you's. Not even bothering to compliment then back or ask for there names.

I hated this. I was growing more anxious by the minute and I don't know why.

So I decided to leave the conversation and walked round to the edge of the room and leaned against the wall. Watching everyone else converse.

I was startled when someone pulled me from my thoughts.

It was Daemon.

" what's wrong." He asked bluntly

"Nothing."

"Then why are you in the corner of the room and not enjoying yourself" he added.

"I felt anxious so I left the conversation."

Suddenly Daemon wrapped his arm around my back resting his hand over my shoulder. Almost as if he had me in a light friendly head lock. It felt weird.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"Do you want to hear something funny."

I nodded looking up into his eyes.

"A little bird told me you called Alicent a whore. To her face."

I didn't say anything just looked forward again.

"Ha so you did" he laughed slightly.
"Don't worry i do it all the time."

I let out a breath that I didn't realise I was holding in. Well at least I'm not the only one who called her it.

"Daemon, Viserra since when we're you two so close." Viserys spoke walking over to us and patting his hand on Daemons shoulder.

Daemons arm also immediately dropped form my shoulder as he heard are brothers voice.

The king was clearly very drunk.