CHAPTER XI

• Kings landing •
Viserra's POV :

I sat in my chambers thinking about Dragon Stone castle. I hadn't been back there in a few months now. It felt strange considering I had stayed there with axe for so long. I felt like Dragon stone was my true home nor Kings landing. But what I always found funny was that Daemon had lived at Dragon Stone for a while before me but left a year before I went to stay there as he was set to Wed Lady Rhea Róyce.

As far as my knowledge of there Wed goes. Lady Rhea was overjoyed with marrying Daemon as he is a handsome young bachelor among the Lady's of the houses. Daemon however hated the idea of being Wed to someone he doesn't love and even worse someone not of Targaryen blood. So he refused to bed her even after there wed. He didn't want un-pure kin and he didn't want any kin with her.

A soft knock echoed through out my room.

"Come in" I shouted loud enough so they could hear and shortly after a servant entered.

"I have been told to inform you that Queen Alicent has started her labour."

I nodded to the servant before telling them to leave me. Now was the waiting game to see if she would give birth to a son or daughter.

I think Viserys only wanted a son. If it was a daughter he would be sure to shun his child. I scoffed at the thought. In my opinion it shouldn't matter whether  you are male or female to be a ruler. Having a cock shouldn't make you any more of a better ruler then someone without.

I knew for a fact my eldest brother Viserys was a weak king. Even the throne didn't accept him. The throne was said to cut and harm unworthy or unfit rulers. So only the pure rulers,the ones who didn't get harmed by the throne where the best. Like my great grandparents King Aegon the first of his name otherwise known as 'Aegon the conquerer and his two sister-wife's Queen Rhaenys and Visenya. They were truly the greatest king and queens the seven kingdoms arguably had ever seen.

Still I got up and left my chambers. Viserys would probably want me and Daemon to welcome his new child by greeting the new babe with us by his side. It was a common Targaryen tradition to have all of the rulers siblings present when the king meets his new child or heir in the case he has a son.

I could only hope that Alicent had a daughter or a stillborn child. It would mean I would still be 2nd in line with Daemon being the current heir.

As I walked down the corridor I was met with Viserys and Daemon waiting outside the birthing chambers for me.

"Sister." Viserys spoke i could hear the hint of doubt in his voice and his face held a worried expression. I suppose my eldest brother is worrying about having a son.

"Viserra." Daemon spoke up making me turn to him. I nodded back to him before the doors opened In front of all three of us. The wet nurse told us we could now meet Alicent and Viserys child.

Viserys wasted no time in pushing past the wet nurse into the room.

As I was about to follow I felt somone grab my arm pulling me back and turning me to face them. To no surprise it was Daemon.

"Brother i want to go see the new babe." I said a bit irritated that he stopped me. I needed to know if it was a son or daughter.

"Viserra." He spoke belfre finishing his sentence. "No matter the gender of the babe do not show Viserys any emotion when he mentions anything about the heir or succession line."

I was now very confused by his sentence. "Why?" I questioned in return.

"He wants to aggravate me about it as we had a dispute earlier over yours and my claim to the throne."I nodded in response.

He then let go of my arm and held the door open for me to walk through and there sat on the bed was Alicent with a babe in her arms and Viserys standing beside her whilst gently rubbing her shoulder.

" the gender?" Daemon simply asked. Whilst joining me in standing at the foot of the bed.

"A boy. The perfect hier." Alicent said her smile widening as she looked at are faces.

"Congratulations" I said through spite.

"Thank you. I'm just doing my duty. Something you are clearly failing at." She whispered the last part so only me and Daemon heard as Viserys was far too consumed by his new son to notice.

I know what she meant by that. It's simply because not only was I not married but I also had no kin yet. Woman at my age usually already had many children.

I felt very humiliated by Alicent's comment towards me. I had never really put much thought into It but she was right. I was falling short on my duties as a woman. I was a failure to the family.

I hated Alicent talking to me like scum. She was clearly trying to Aggravate only me by her comment. So I walked out of the room leaving The new parents to coo over there child.

Daemon followed close behind me.

The action of his brother didn't go unnoticed by Viserys who was growing ever more curious and annoyed at his younger brother and sisters new found relationship ordeal.