CHAPTER VI

• banquet •
Viserra's POV :

As everyone took there seats at the long table going down the hall I couldn't help but wonder who I would be sitting next to.

At the head of the table was Viserys with Allicent sat beside him.

Then there seemed to be all the chairs going down the tables length.

I took a seat opposite Daemon and beside Viserys which I was less happy about but at least Daemon was here.

The rest of are family sat scattered amongst the other Lords and Lady's
of separate houses.

As the food was served everyone was deep in a conversation. Even Daemon and Viserys where conversing.

Suddenly Alicent left the conversation to go and sit by her farther, Otto Hightower also the hand of the king.

"I need to talk to you both about a pressing matter." Viserys suddenly said to us both.

I just nodded and daemon hummed whilst taken a sip of wine from his goblet.

"we must discuss possible marriage arrangements."the king started.

I already didn't like the way this conversation was going.

"For who?" Daemon asked

"For Viserra of course." Viserys said.

I think Daemon was taken by surprise by what are brother said. Please tell me he doesn't still believe that Viserys
Is in love with me.

Daemon turned to face me meeting my gaze.

"Who do you want to marry Sister" he asked me.

I had never put any thought into it. I had no idea what to say.

"I don't know." I simply replied. "Someone I am close to." I finished

"Right,well they would have to be someone in a powerful position like a lord." Viserys said.

"Or a Prince" I said gazing up slightly to Daemon who seemed to notice my remark. Where as Viserys didn't.

"I would have to think about it." I said whilst turning to viserys.

"Give her until your son is born Viserys and if she hasn't found someone then you can choose." Daemon spoke.

I didn't like the thought of Viserys choosing who a marry. I need to marry someone in the family to make sure my claim to the throne still stays intact.

Someone who could help me take the the throne if Alicent has a son.

I need-

My thoughts were broken as Viserys
stood up and left me and daemon.

"tell me the truth." Daemon started to talk. " who is it you really have in mind to marry, I know there is someone."

You. I thought quickly.

What. No. I didn't mean that. I didn't Evan realise that Daemon is probably the be the best person to marry if I wanted to strengthen my claim to the throne. But something inside me wanted to marry him just for him.
Not just for the throne.

I just continued to stare at Daemon whilst thinking. I couldn't just say 'you' to him. He never showed me any attention as a child if he wanted to be around me he would off tried to when we were kids.

" it doesn't matter" I just replied with.

"So the person your thinking of isn't that good?"

"No. Daemon that's not what I meant.I'm only Interested  in strengthening my claim to  the throne."

"So you want to marry me."he spoke.

I slowly met his gaze but remanded silent.  I can't say yes to that. I didn't just want to marry Daemon for the throne something deep down inside of me was awakening at the thought of marrying Daemon and I didn't like it.

"it.doesn't.matter" I repeated.

"Lair" he spoke before getting up and leaving with a smirk on his face.