The junkyard

When we arrived at the old junkyard, the sun had hidden itself away behind the clouds. 

"Oh yea, this'll do" Steve said, throwing the last of his and Dustin's meat in the centre.

We heard some voices and looked up to see Lucas and some ginger girl... Max! 

"Thats her!" I smiled up to Steve as Dustin went over to his friends. He smiled back down to me and pushed my backpack forward. "Lets go meet her" He smirked.

Lucas and Dustin went off to argue, leaving Max, Steve and I to set up a base. We all decided on an old bus, and while Steve went to collect the boys me and Max began to talk.

"So you're new" I sparked a conversation.

"Yea, from California" She mumbled, clearly not a very interactive person.

"So this must seem kinda crazy" I continued.

"Right!" She exclaimed, "I mean, a gate? Demomorgans or whatever" 

"Yea the demogorgans are unexpected" I joked, earning a smile from her.

We teamed together stacking bits of scrap metal around the windows and doors of the bus. The guys had spent their time creating a look-out spot on the roof of the bus, surrounded by thick tires.

Max was clearly worn-out. "Go" I insisted, the child barely catching a breath.

She thanked me and ran off to Lucas and I walked off for some final bits of scrap. I spotted an extremely rusty car which was a subtle leaning post for tons of large metal sheets. I squatted down to grab the bottom of the sheet and attempted to lift it. All of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and turned my head.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Here let me?" Steve asked, after my nod he squeezed my shoulder and lifted the metal over his upper arm. With his head he pointed to the bus, so I jogged to catch up with him and we walked back. His spare hand brushed against mine whilst our steps synced. 

"You two coming or not?" Dustin shouted, "It'll be dark soon." 

Steve let out a slight chuckle before making  way for me to get through the door, to which he then after threw the metal across it. We were in. 

{Sorry for the short chapters! I'll try to update more regularly but I'm quite busy recently! :)}