BEWITCHED

Jade Aurora

5:00 am

TW. mention of scars.

I had unexpectedly woken up, I had realized that I was no longer on a date with Fred and I was no longer in knock turn alley with Mattheo  I was in fact in my room. everything that had happened yesterday felt like a blink of an eye yet every time I look at my body I see the scars and I remember.

I remember what happened, with who and how.

the screams and everything.

I remember Mattheo, mostly his eyes.

I get up and look at the alarm clock and it was 10pm, I light my lantern up and walk over to the mirror. I take a closer look at my body. I can feel my eyes swell up, remembering how these scars ended up on my body, touching them and getting struck by lightning pain. I decided it was better to not pay any attention to them and go back to my bed. as I was walking towards my bed I see a figure from the corner of my eye.

I walk closer to the figure with my lantern and I see  Mattheo sleeping right beside my bed on a sofa.

I couldn't believe his mother is Bellatrix, how could he have not told me. I walk over to him and find my self lost in thoughts of what had happened.

I also find myself pushing his hair away from his face.

I decide to give him a blanket so he wouldn't feel cold. while I was tucking him in the door slowly opened and I see onyx walking in, 

"hey, sweetheart, you're finally awake, oh sweets I was so worried."  onyx empathetically whispers to me while coming over to hug me.

"oh Onny, I'm glad I'm awake. how long was I out?"

" honey, you've been out for a day and a half. you had really bad injuries."

"how bad?"

"I don't know none of us know except for Riddle and he won't tell us until you know first."

"oh.. well how long has um...-

"he's been here all day and night since you passed out. we told him to leave get some rest but he just wouldn't budge."

"really? wow um, he's unbelievable this is what I hate about him. I think I'm going to go have a smoke outside."

"Jade you relapsed? but you promised." 

"onny please! I just really need it right now."

"fine, but just this once."

I smile at her and sneak out of the corridors and make my way up to the astronomy tower.

I know I promised my siblings and friends that I won't relapse but I did, the truth is I never stopped.

I tried walking up but it was too hard so I just teleported myself up to the top. and there I was, my favourite place in the whole world.

every time I'm up here it always brings back memories of me and my friends, funny thing, this is the place where I first bonded, felt like a part of something that wasn't just my family. they were my friends.

the astronomy tower, the stars, the weed.

real friends.

I walk up to the brick where we usually hide the weed and other drugs and I find my pack of cigarettes. take one out and try to find my lighter and I was sure I put it on the railing window. I look around and I suddenly see a lighter lit, mid air and as I stare at the lighter I see Grayson walk in.