ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

§

× r u n ×

_________________________________

***

We ran and ran and ran, until the palace behind was out of our sight, until we crossed the houses of nobles', a small grassland and arrived at my village, Mint Ville. It was the nearest village to the centre of Kingdom Park. One could say it was also one of a few villages that was most visited by the upper class. Therefore, we mostly focused our business on luxurious, extravagant and superior goods.

This was also a reason why there were wineshops, my family ran a perfume shop, and Hoseok's family ran a woodcraft shop.

However, that did not mean we could earn a lot. Because of the taxation, we barely could support ourselves. We still suffered a lot, but we were already one of the villages that could earn quite some income, imagine being the villages farthest away from the palace, which was at the centre? They could barely have a meal a day.

We slowed down as soon as we confirmed no one was chasing after us, and walked into Mint Ville. Jimin definitely was shocked by the surroundings and I could tell very well, for he squeezed my hand even tighter.

There were homeless beggars sleeping casually on the dusty, dirty street that seldom was cleaned, the houses were old and torn, hardly any lights on the street because electricity was never supplied to us but the rich who could pay for that.

Then I walked in front of him, and dragged him along with me, for now it was me who could lead him to somewhere in this valley of ashes.

I checked out Jimin and saw him with a frown while observing the environment.

"We will arrive soon, relax! And my home won't be that smelly cause my mum is good at making natural perfume!" I tried to cheer him up.

"It's not about the smell—"

"NOONA!"

Then we saw a small shadow in front of my house's door, apparently my smart brother had assumed that I would sneak out so he came to wait me by the door.

I let go of Jimin's hand and dashed into Taehyung's embrace. We hugged tightly, long enough until Jimin finally arrived beside me.

"I miss you so much idiot! Why do you look skinnier?? Did you eat properly Kim Taehyung??"

"Nevermind me, you should check out on mum, she is having a high fever for two days now..."