ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

§

× f e a s t ×

_________________________________

***

Finally the big day came. I had been preparing for this day and night. It actually got me into deep thoughts because Jimin had everything. What should I give him as his birthday present? Nothing. He needed nothing from me.

Well maybe one thing but...

The whole palace was crowded with nobles since morning, wandering along the oversized corridors with extravagant decorations.

I had not seen him whole day. I guessed this was normal because he was busy greeting the rich who came to celebrate his birthday.

I knew I should dress up better today, for Jimin at least.

"So...should be lipstick next..."

My table looked as if there was a war just now. I followed strictly what Rebecca had taught me and finished the extremely difficult task of doing make up. I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"Oh shit Kim Hyejin, you look hot as fuck."

Leaving all the mess on my table, I went out to search for the birthday boy.

But before that, I thought I should see someone first.

***

The entrance of the palace was crowded with thousands of commoners, all knowing this big day was going to celebrate wild.

Although they had little chance to see the royals and nobles, they would always gather there.

If you think they wanted to celebrate the day and sincerely wish Jimin a happy birthday, you really had to check your brain.

People always gathered to watch, to observe. They gathered to envy the rich. They gathered to see clearly the faces of whom lead them a hard life too.

They also gathered in the hope of seeing their loved ones again.

Before I stepped out of the palace, Jin stopped by and we greeted each other.

"Hyejin, remember to be back on time, we are having a grant dinner, you shall not be late."

"Got it!" I gave him an okay sign and walked towards the palace entrance.