Chapter 36

Thanks for your patience! Hope you enjoy it!

****

I release a huge sigh of relief and the hugest smile covers my face, Max's grin matching mine. The two Red Bull bosses' smiles give out on their faces as they both clearly were not necessarily expecting that response. "The Lion and the Lioness on one team," Christian says smugly as he looks at Toto and I roll my eyes.

"Perhaps you should change the name of the team," he retorts, and Max and I send each other knowing smiles. I decide to interrupt them before the good moment is ruined by their egos.

"Well, as much fun as a name change would be for an entire brand, I'm more bothered about the intricacies of the contract." I say bringing the attention back to me, smirking at the rest of the room as I push my shoulders back, "how about you guys draft up the official offer, and send it over asap so that we can go through and respond? I trust it will all be done quickly because you know where I stand, Christian." I stand up towards the end and Christian gives me a sincere nod, knowing the several contractual points we had gone over before that I was referring to. "Perfect, when everyone is keen to get the offer over the line, I'm sure we can trust that it will be sorted quickly. I will be looking forward to hearing when you would like to announce and the details here and there." I smile brightly as I lean over the table to give Christian and Helmut a handshake before turning to Max. "Walk me out?" I ask and he nods smiling and we leave our bosses with Toto to figure out the exact points.

"Well, I have to say, I didn't expect that," Max says bluntly the moment the door to the conference room is closed behind us, but his face is painted with a smile and an air of the impressed as I smirk back.

"Me neither if we're being honest! I only started talking about the RB seat to help convince Christian that I could be dedicated to the programme and the bigger picture. Guess I struck a chord though," I say shrugging as we walk through the hallways, my heels once again bringing me up to around shoulder height on Max.

"The overtake on Checo last weekend didn't hurt," Max chuckled, and I nodded my head, humming in agreement. "I think this is good, Checo is nice and a good driver, but you were right when you said that we had the weakest driver lineup. I want back-to-back constructors," he says frowning in thought, obviously thinking ahead to our partnership for next year.

"As long as you're not expecting me to just play second fiddle. You're all set for the back-to-back drivers' championship; I'm looking for my first." I quipped back.

"And to be the youngest ever." He says pointedly and I nod. "Well, I won't make it easy, but no, I won't expect you to play the second driver until it is necessary."

I roll my eyes at the insinuation, "and if it becomes necessary for you to do so?" I ask wonderingly, I feel him stiffen up next to me as we continue to walk side by side, finally making it into the lobby. Clearly a sore topic for him and not one he had truly considered.

"I'm more mature now, I can do it." He says, but it isn't very convincing as he seems more focused on telling himself that, than telling me. "I apologise in advance for my dad." He adds a couple of moments later and I nod thinking about it, Jos Verstappen is not the most forgiving in the media towards his sons' teammates, whether they are doing worse or better than him.

"I understand, just try and reign him in and hope for both of your sakes he manages to stay away from the sexist remarks."

"I can't imagine Checo will take this well," Max responds as we just face each other standing in the lobby and I shrug, not my issue. "Replaced while he's likely to finish well and given what he has said before about female drivers."