Chapter 35

Here you go! Hope you enjoy!

*****

I didn't realise that when I told Lando and Max that I was headed to the track for some training at 8 am, that meant I was inviting them. However, the two of them were standing there waiting for me when I pulled up to the car park the next morning. I squinted and tilted my head when I saw them, super confused as I slipped out the driver's side of my G-Wagon, suddenly a lot more conscious of my workout outfit than I was when I left the hotel. 

It was a warm day and knowing that I planned on running 9/12km I had opted for just running in a sports bra and my shorts. Right now, I still had a hoodie on as I tightened my ponytail walking over to the two men.

"You're late!" Lando said with a grin.

"It's so strange but I don't remember inviting the two of you," I said suspiciously given their smiles. "Also, I meant that I was leaving my hotel at 8, so I am in fact, very on time." I'm still frowning suspiciously at their wide grins. "Also, I was planning on doing several laps so if you think it's just one then you might want to go home," I said, grinning when I saw the two of them exchange worried glances.

"How far?" Max asks, with what I can tell is fake confidence. 

"Mm...like 15km? Depends on how good I feel!" I grinned savagely at the two of them, both of who are known for not liking working out. Their confidence wavers and they exchange nervous glances. "And I'm full pushing so don't expect any conversation out of me." At that their eyes widen, and I realise what they're both doing here. They're here trying to find out team information. "Why don't we all save ourselves some pain and you guys leave me alone? And I promise that when a contract has been signed, I will let you know." I smile at them as I explain slowly, and they have a quiet telepathic conversation. 

I think I have won and am stood there smugly until Max says, "Nah, we'll join you anyways!"

My smile drops and I retort; "Did I say 15, I meant 21, you know, a half marathon at pace." I try again, desperately trying to dissuade them from joining me.

"Yeah, we will join." Max continues confidently while Lando doesn't look so convinced. 

"Perfect, well, let's get on track," I say walking to the circuit, and I hear their footsteps and whispered arguments as they follow me. Once on the circuit, we have a quick stretch while they start trying to prod me for information. I just laugh at their attempts and smile, keeping my mouth firmly shut, and take off at a decent pace down the grid both of them scrambling to catch up.

The first two laps both do fine, clearly not happy with the pace that I chose but they had enough breath to complain and dig for information, so I started the third lap with increased pace. 9km down and I was determined that I would go until they finally shut up as they ran and theorised, hoping that my face would be too tired to react. However, fortunately, they both have the attention span of a tadpole and started wondering about other drivers' contracts and seats, so I joined in and enjoyed the rest of the third lap. However, on lap four they began their grilling, although I was significantly less tired than they were. 

"So, McLaren?" Lando said, and I laughed. 

"Daniel's seat?" I say pointedly and he gives me a knowing look as we are well aware that Zak Brown has no plans on keeping Daniel for his final season. "No that's Piastri, is it not?"

Lando nods before Max continues "then Seb is retiring in all likeliness. Alonso talking to AM. So, Alpine?" 

"Nah, she gave that recommendation to DR," Lando responds, and I roll my eyes.