Chapter 42

Okay, I think I'm done writing this book now, editing not included lol! So only a few chapters left then onto next season/the sequel!

Hope you enjoy this one!

****

"This is the one!" Max declares happily and I roll my eyes at his announcement while I mentally agree. We're at the last of the potential flat viewings, two done yesterday after Cartier and then this one today. The other two were lovely but this is on a different level and feels like it's a perfect fit. It's also not so coincidentally the closest to his and Daniel's flat, where we both stayed last night after getting back late from dinner at an amazing Italian restaurant. We had both drank about a bottle of wine each as well as a few cocktails and glasses of champagne and so I was unable to drive him home. He slept in Daniel's bed and me in the guest room that I was meant to be sleeping in the night before, I slept incredibly well and I couldn't tell if that was because the bed was incredibly comfy, or whether what remained of Max's scent was still light on the pillows, soothing me.

"It's not going to be your flat!" I remind him from the umpteenth time as I shoot him a glare and walk through from the kitchen to the living room area which had floor-to-ceiling windows and looked past the plunge pool and onto the coast of Monaco. He had spent yesterday's visits complaining and finding all the location issues with the other two flats, along with making up issues with them, including that one of them, wasn't "shiny enough". Despite the fact that his critique had been annoying, he was right that this was the best one. Four bedrooms and five bathrooms, over two stories, with a large balcony on the top level that had a plunge pool, space for outdoor furniture and room to workout. The kitchen and living room were rather strangely on the top floor along with a bathroom and the master bedroom which had an ensuite and a walk-in wardrobe, while the other bedrooms were downstairs. Two I would keep as guest rooms and the other one would be converted into a study area. I could move in here and not have to move for years to come, maybe even ever and given how much travelling I had, knowing that this would be my home base for years to come made it worth the extra expense in my mind. Even after I stopped racing...I could have a family here.

"If you don't buy it, it will be my flat." He said jokingly but I could tell by the way his eyes were looking over every inch of the flat that he wasn't joking.

I turned to the estate agent who had been dealing with the pair of us the last couple of days with much amusement and smiled, nodding silently to say that I would put in an offer and she smiled and exited the room knowing that I had already put my bets on this flat and organised an offer last night. It was going to leave me with just enough to register for citizenship and I was thankful that Red Bull had put a big signing bonus down for me as they knew that I was planning on buying a place in Monaco. Max was still talking in the background but I was ignoring him as I took a seat on the sofa and looked out over the water. The place was also furnished perfectly and so I had put in my offer to include the key items.

Max came and plopped himself down on the large sofa right next to me, putting one arm out over the back of the sofa and I rolled my eyes at him as he made himself at home. "You have to take it, it's perfect, amazing location and it's huge! For a great price!" I shrugged as I kept a straight face. I was lucky, the seller needed the cash for their own place they were buying and were keen to get it sold asap, even knocking money off the asking price as it had been sat on the market for a while.

"I don't know," I said uncertainly, toying with Max as I glanced around. I didn't even realise I was melting into him, fitting perfectly into his side as I kicked off my shoes and tucked my legs up on the sofa beside me, slotting underneath his arm. What I was extremely aware of was the finger that was painting patterns on my shoulder, setting me on fire and sending a tingle down my spine occasionally.