26

Work at the new bar was busy, you were used to busy. But Shakky had opened the new bar up downtown, there was a new younger crowd that came in often with the old crowd.

It took a while to get used too, you had hired a wait staff and worked as a bartender for a few weeks. You found it hard to keep up with the growing amount of customers that came in. You often went home exhausted, Killer had asked you why you didn't just hire an extra bartender. And that's when you remembered you were also a manager now, not just the bartender. So you hired two new bartenders and it made the nights go by much smoother.

Right now you were looking for a band to perform at the bar. The new bar had a stage, so you did your best to find live bands to perform. You had the bands perform on Fridays and the weekend as well as Thursdays sometimes. The other night we're filled by a couple different djs that you had on rotation. And every other week you had a trivia night.

"Wasn't there a guy in high school that was in a band? He had like green hair and septum piercing I think." Killer was also trying to help you find a band. You didn't hire new bands all the time, you kept ones that customers seemed to enjoy. You liked giving people the opportunity to perform though, so you were on the look out for new upcoming bands.

"Oh, yeah. Wasn't his name like Art or Bart?" You questioned.

"No, I think Bart was a nickname because his full name was a bit of a mouthful. What was it? Bartolomeo!" Killer snapped his fingers.

"Bartolomeo, right. I think he hung around Luffy a lot. I'll call Luffy and see if he has a number for him or knows if he has a website I can check out." You knew Luffy most likely had the phone numbers of everyone he ever talked to in high school, even if it was just once.

"I'll see you later and make sure to take a nap. I love you." Killer pecked you on the lips.

"Love you too." You said before he slipped out the door for work. You and Killer had very different work schedules, but you managed to make it work. Despite working late, you would wake up to have breakfast with Killer. After he left for work you would do a few chores around the apartment, have lunch then take a nap. Although your napping was more like going back to bed, you often didn't wake up until Killer got back from work which was around 4:30p.m. or 5:00p.m. Once Killer was home he'd have a quick shower and then you two would make supper together. The bar opened at 9:00p.m., but you would go in around 9:30p.m. or 10:00p.m., so you two had plenty of time after supper to do whatever.

You called up Luffy, he was a little groggy since you were calling him early in the morning. All his classes were in the afternoon, but he was happy to hear from you nonetheless. You were in luck too, Luffy was still friends with Bartolomeo, he worked at a home hardware store now but he still performed with his band every now and then.

After chatting with Luffy you called Bartolomeo up. At first he was very guarded on the phone, wondering how you got his number. Once you mentioned Luffy though he opened up a lot  and was more then willing to play at the bar whenever you wanted.

Once that was all sorted, you made yourself a quick lunch then went back to your room for your nap. Wisp was already curled up in the center of your bed, you gently moved her to the side and got into bed yourself.

---

You woke up with Wisp sleeping right on top of your face, you moved her off and then proceeded to sneeze up some cat fur.

The shower was running so you knew Killer was back. You went into the kitchen to get a head start on dinner and saw that Killer had brought back a bucket of fried chicken. You pulled out a salad you and Killer had made the other day from the fridge. You plated the salad onto two plates and brought it to the table along with the bucket of chicken.

You went back into the kitchen and grabbed a couple of beers to go with the fried chicken.

Killer came into the kitchen wearing sweat pants and no shirt, he had a towel over his head drying his hair. You shamelessly stared at his body, your eyes especially focused on his chest where you could still see the hickies you'd left there the other night.

"Enjoying the view?" Killer smirked, he had the towel down around his shoulders, the ends of his hair still a little wet.

"I am." You winked at him, you walked over to him and pressed a kiss to his chest. "How was work?"

"Busy. Kid accidently double booked two people, so I had to help him out." Killer replied, he dipped down and kissed you on the forehead. At the same time your stomach let a loud grumble. "Good thing I stopped for fried chicken."

"Oh, hush you." You stepped away with a slight blush to your cheeks and walked over to the table.

"What? It was cute." Killer teased as he sat next to you. You just smiled at him as you dug into a chicken thigh. You told him about your day and how Bartolomeo would be playing on Friday.

"I wanted to ask you something." You said after you were done eating.

"You sound serious. Should I be worried?" Killer had his full attention directed at you.

"No, nothing to be worried about. I guess it is sorta serious since we've only been dating six months. Anyways you spend most of your time at my apartment, so I was wondering if you'd want to move in." You explained, you tried to gage his reaction but with his bangs you really couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Move in?"

"Yeah or I could move into your apartment. There's also a vacant apartment on the floor above us that's bigger. I just don't see the point of you continuing to pay rent on your apartment if you're always here." You quickly answered.

"I say we move into the vacant apartment." Killer smiled at you.

"Yay! I'm so happy you agreed." You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.