Chapter 5: The Battle with Jealousy And Slade

-Ravens POV-

I lost control and let go of Terras collar. I woke all the Titans up and Terra looked at me with frightened eyes, the others did, too. I had no idea what to do and felt so embarrassed I had made a fool of myself.

Thats when I realized it was a dream. My eyes shot open and felt my heart beating so fast. Then I thought to myself, why am I so caught up with this? Things come and go, but I can't seem to forget about it. Why do I get so angry around Terra so easily? She didn't do anything wrong.

I finally cleared up my mind and fell back to sleep.

~The Next Day~
-Narrators POV-

Raven was the first one to get up early. It was 5:30am and she silently walked to the park to meditate and read.

15 minutes later, Terra got up again and made her usual morning routine to pick up breakfast for the Titans. Beast boy got up at the same time as Terra did.
" hey Terra, you off to go get some breakfast?" Asked Beast boy as he yawned.
" yeah," Terra said, as she climbed down the ladder.
" wait! Aye, I'll come with you this time! Maybe get to check the place out," said Beast boy excitedly as he ran and climbed down the treehouse.

Terra and Beast boy walked to the farm. It wasn't that long of a walk, it only took 5 minutes to get there.

As they both entered the farm, the smell of animal crap, pigs, cows, horses, haystacks, and dirt was the first thing they both noticed.
" WHAT THE? OH MY GOSH, THAT SMELL, ITS HURTING MY NOSE," screamed Beast Boy as he covered his nose, " OH... I THINK I CHOKED ON THE STENCH."
Terra laughed, " you get used to it. And I don't think you can choke on a smell..."

Farmer Hay appeared and greeted Terra with his country accent and a wheat on his mouth. " howdy there, Terra!" Smiled Farmer Hay.
" good morning, Farmer Hay," Terra smiled back, " this is my friend Beast boy, he came to check out the farm this morning. "
" so wait, your name is Farmer Hay? H-A-Y?" asked Beast boy.
" yup," smiled Farmer Hay at Beast boy.
" WELL HEY, FARMER HAY!," Beast boy joked, " HEH, YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE? I'm clever..."

Terra grabbed two dirty silver buckets and set one under the cow udder. She washed her hands in the farm sink and put in rubber gloves. Terra slid the other bucket to Beast boy and started to milk.

" uh, and what am I supposed to be doing with this thing?" asked Beast boy, as if he didn't already know.
" wash your hands and starting milking the cow," Terra ordered as she continued to milk one cow.
" first of all, Beast boy doesn't milk cows. Second of all, how do you even milk a cow?" replied Beast boy.

Terra stopped milking and forced Beast boy to wash his hands and put rubber gloves on. They started on one cow and Beast boy grabbed the udder and starting milking as Terra taught him to, and she went back to milking.

As soon as the two buckets were filled with milk, they washed their hands again and collected eggs from the chicken pen.
" aw, they're so cute, " said Beast boy petting one chicken. Then suddenly that chicken started to tackle his face causing a few scratches on his face.
" AH, GET IT OFF ME, GET IT OFF ME," yelled Beast boy, trying to take hold of the chicken on his face.
Terra giggled as she took the chicken away from his face.

When Terra and Beast boy was finished collecting chicken eggs, they picked some oranges on the trees to make some freshly squeezed orange juice later.

As soon as they were finished, they thanked Farmer Hay for his generosity.
" thanks for the millionth time Farmer Hay," said Terra with a smile.
" time to 'Hit The Hay', Farmer Hay! Heh, see what I did there?" joked Beast boy again.
" that phrase doesn't even make sense," said Terra.
Beast boy carried the two silver buckets of fresh milk while Terra carried the eggs and oranges.