Chapter 13: They Have Returned

-Terras POV-

I gasped and backed up when I saw his familiar face. He wore an orange and black suit and only one eye was visible.

It was Slade.

He broke the cell bars with his hands and threw it away. He turned back at me and nodded signaling to follow him as he disappeared into the darkness.

~The Next Morning~
~Titans Tower~
-Ravens POV-

I was sitting on the floor reading a book when somethings were bothering me. The "thing" what Passion asked me about, when Beast boy confessed his feelings towards me, how he wanted to talk to me. These thoughts had haunted me, so I decided to have this talk with Beast boy.

I shut my book closed, got up from the floor and walked over to Beast boy who was concentrated on his video game.
I blocked his way with both hands on my hips and stared down at him with a serious look on my face.

He tried swerving left and right, his hands still on the controllers.

" uh Rae, can you move? I'm kind of busy, " Beast boy asked, his eyes still focused on the screen.

" we need to talk, " I said firmly, still in my serious position.

He stopped for a second, paused the game, and looked up at me.
" talk about what?" He asked with a blank expression.

I sighed, " just come with me, " I pulled his arm toward my direction out of the living room.

I opened my door room, still clutching Beast boys arm and lightly shoved him inside.

" this is rare, " he said looking around my room.

" what's rare?" I asked with my arms crossed as I raised an eyebrow.

" you wanting to have a conversation with ME and dragging ME into YOUR room, " he replied back.

" you said you wanted to talk yesterday about something. You know, when you looked at the 'shiny mirror' and got sucked into my mind...again, " I reminded him.

" oh yeah, " he said nervously.

There was an awkward moment of silence between us. He sat on my bed looking down to the floor as I watched him curiously what he could possibly be thinking about. I finally broke the silence

" well, " I said raising an eyebrow again.

Beast boy quickly looked up and got off my bed, now standing with his eyes focused on me.

" Raven, " he started then began to have a tremble and sounded nervous in his voice, " what would you do if, say, someone were to ask you out?"

Oh good Lord, I know where this is going. I was getting that feeling again. That feeling when my heart starts to race so fast, when my cheeks turn hot red, when my mind races with all these possibilities, when my stomach twists and turns.

I was silent for a moment and replied with a few stammers trying to avoid his eye contact,
" well... Um. I- it depends if I like that person whether or not."

He sadly looked back to the ground and said, " oh, " as if he sounded hurt, " never mind, " he finished.

He walked passed me and to the door.

" wait!" I shouted aloud.

He turned back at me with his sad look on his face, " what is it?" Beast boy asked.

" why are you going away? And why does my opinion matter if someone were to ask me out?" I asked pretending I didn't already what was going on.

He sighed and turned his whole body around. He threw his hands up in the air before speaking and said, " okay I give up."