Chapter 8

Oh my god, is this a fluff chapter? 

(I was searching up discduo on wattpad and got a bunch of angst so now I'm deciding to cure my heart by writing fluff, no judging.)

P.S I don't know if this counts as fluff :)

Wilbur POV

"Guess what Wil?" Tommy said, excitingly as we walked to school. It had been a week after the incident and his ankle was all better now. I still haven't done anything about it, but I will soon. Just not today, Tommy seems too happy.

"Hm?" I asked, not really paying attention. "Someone opened up a school band! Isn't that so cool? You should definitely join." I raised an eyebrow. School band? That could be cool. 

I shrugged, "Maybe. They probably won't let me in though, I'm not that good." Tommy gave me a shove, "C'mon man! Just try out, if they don't let you in, that's their loss." 

I just rolled my eyes and reluctantly agreed. It could be nice though. I could try for singing or being a guitarist. Maybe both? I don't know.

A nagging voice in my mind told me it might impress Dream if I were in the band. 

~~~

"Ay! Wilbur!" I heard a voice shout. Sapnap and I looked to see George running up to us with Dream following close behind. Immediately, I became self-aware of everything. My looks, my clothes, my hair, everything. 

"What's up man?" Sapnap asked. George reached us and took a few seconds to catch his breath. "I *pant* heard that there was a school band. I was wondering if you guys wanted to audition with me?" My eyebrows immediately shot up, George? I never knew he had musical talent. 

Sapnap snorted, "And humiliate myself? Yeah right, thanks for the offer." Dream reached us, "I'm auditioning too, if it makes you guys more confident." 

Thoughts immediately began swarming in my brain. Holy shit, Dream can do music? Oh my goodness, it would be so amazing if I was in the same band as him. That means I see him more! My stomach was immediately filled with butterflies at the thought. "Wilbur? What do you think?" George asked. 

"Ummm," I pretended to think about it for a little bit, "sure I guess. It could be cool." George immediately smiled and pumped his fist in the air, "YES! I'm thinking of being a pianist, you?" 

I shrugged, "I don't know if I should pick guitarist or be one of the singers." 

"You can sing?" Dream asked me, he looked impressed and that made my cheeks warm. 

"Uh... yeah I guess. I've written a few songs, they're not that good though." I added quickly. That didn't matter though, because I was immediately bombarded with questions. 

"YOU WROTE A SONG AND DIDN'T TELL ME? I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS!" 

"Look Sapnap, I didn't know how to say it!"

"JUST SAY, 'Hey bitch, I wrote a song that's better than you could ever do, wanna hear?' I WOULD SAY YES!"

"You want me to call you a bitch? Sure, I can do that every single day."

"IS THAT WHAT YOU TOOK FROM MY SENTENCE?"

"All I heard is that I now have permission to call you a bitch." 

"WILBUR SOOT, YOU GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW!"

~~~

"Ow, that slap hurt." I groaned, rubbing my cheek. Sapnap stuck his tongue out at me, "Deserved. I'm still extremely upset that you didn't tell me sooner."

I rolled my eyes, "Okay bitch." Dream and George were just staring at us, disbelief was written all over their faces. "Is this what you guys do every day?"

We both nodded proudly, "Yup! Entertaining, right?" George mumbled something under his breath before sighing, "Classes are starting soon. I'll see you guys after school at the audition."

~~~

Dream POV

"Look man, just go and ask him! He's not gonna bite you!" Sapnap said, urging me forward. I bit the bottom of my lip, "I don't know. He might say no." 

Sapnap groaned, clearly frustrated with me, "If you don't go, I'm going to go over there and ask him myself." I gulped. 

Clearing my throat, I approached Wilbur who was putting his things back in his locker. "Uh, hey." Wilbur turned around so fast that I thought his neck would break, "Oh, hi." 

Nervousness was coursing through my body right now, "I, um, I was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch with me?" I cringed inwardly, that definitely sounded weird. Oh my gosh, why did you listen to Sapnap? 

"Sure!" Wilbur said. I was too relieved to notice the slight blush that was on his face. "Great! I'll meet you outside then. Near the bleachers." He nodded. 

I quickly walked back to where Sapnap was. "Dude, that was so fucking awkward, where did your extroverted self go?" Sapnap asked. 

"What the hell man? You can't give me words of encouragement?" 

"Nah, that was dogshit. Say it proudly and loudly so that he doesn't think you're nervous." 

"But I AM nervous." 

"Don't let him know that! Jesus fucking christ, I can't believe I'm teaching you how to ask someone out." 

~~~

"You're done with your bubble tea and I haven't even finished half of mine," I said, wheezing. 

"Look. In my defence, bubble tea is the greatest thing to ever exist. You can't blame me!" Wilbur protested. 

"But it's been 5 minutes!" I said, laughing even harder now. Wilbur started to laugh himself too, "And? Your point?" 

"You're gonna get a sugar rush." 

Wilbur giggled and smiled, "It's fine. Sapnap's already used to it. I'm always on a sugar rush." He took another bite of his sandwich. I couldn't help but smile. He's so cute. 

"Anyways. What are you going to audition for?" Wilbur asked. It took me a couple of seconds for me to realize that he was talking about the band. 

"Oh! I'm not auditioning to be part of the band. I'm auditioning to help run it and edit soundtracks and music videos." I explained. 

"Woah, that sounds cool. Doesn't that acquire mass amounts of experience in coding though?" Wilbur asked. I nodded in response, "I really like to code, so I think I could do it. Probably not going to get in though." 

Wilbur shook his head and smiled, "Have some confidence. You'll do great, I'm sure." We sat there for a bit longer before heading back. Was this a date? I don't know. Even if it isn't, this was still one of the best lunches I've had.

___

1072 words! This chapter is honestly really bad, but I don't care :) You guys will have to suffer reading it. (Also, please give me advice on how to write fluff or stuff. I appreciate constructive criticism a LOT!)